Chapter 4

Amber -

I was in the kitchen making lasagna when my phone began ringing from a FaceTime video from an u known number. At first I didn't answer but the second time I did.

"King?" I smiled.

"Amber," he whispered.

"Hey sweetheart what's up?" I asked smiling.

"Daddy's trying to cook again," he said whispering he looked like he was hiding.

"What's he cooking?" I asked laughing.

"I don't know but it's burning up," the smoke detectors was starting to going off.

"Seeee can you please come help us?" He begged.

"Okay I'll be there shortly," I went to my room and got dressed, I packed up the food I preparing along with some other ingredients.

********

Jayceon-

"Fuck!" Feeling Frustrated I slammed the cook book down and threw the oven mitt. I burned another meal trying to cook for these damn kids. I took into consideration that they missed having home cooked meals , I didn't know to cook, never had to cook Vicky was a great cook, she did all the cooking. I felt bad because I was tired of eating out again, but I couldn't even make a simple meal.

Feeling defeated I sat down at the kitchen table. Just as I grabbed my phone, the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting any company so I got up going to see who it was. I opened the door seeing Amber and an Uber car pulling off.

"Hi, Uhm King called me," she said. I shook my head chuckling.

"Hey Amber come on in," I said stepping to the side.
I went into the kitchen with her in toe.

"What were you cooking?" She asked as she sat her bag on the counter.

"I was attempting spaghetti but I done burnt this meat," I said frustrated.

"Hey hey, don't beat yourself up, you were trying your best, if you want I can show you how to cook, I can teach you," she said grabbing my arm. It took everything in me not to pin her against the wall. She was so damn fine and the way she grabbed my arm turned me on.

"Yeah I would like that," I said. She smiled.

"Okay well I started cooking lasagna, you can watch me," she said.

"Okay cool,"

******
The kids were in King's room plotting up a plan to keep Amber and their dad together. Cali was sitting on the floor with her iPad and Harlem and King was sitting on the bed.

"Okay So Harlem even though you don't have homework tell Amber that you do so that she can stay a little bit longer and help you," King said as he sat down.

"Okay okay I can dig up some of that homework I never turned in," Harlem said as he reached in his backpack.

"I'm kinda glad Amber doesn't have a car," California said as she scrolled through her YouTube.

"Yeah cause then it'll be real late and daddy's not gonna let her Uber or take a bus this late.

"Yeah, But what about them going on a date?" King  asked.

"Don't worry I've got that covered.

"Come eat y'all!" Jayceon yelled.

"Okay y'all operation get them together is in full affect," King said.

"This name is corny as hell King," Cali said.

"Shut up, come up with something better then,"
He said hitting her.

*****

Amber -

"Dinner was really good Amber thanks for saving us again," Jayceon said wiping his mouth.

"No problem I don't mind it, but it's getting kinda late I should be going," I said grabbing my phone. I knew Kendrick was still at work so he couldn't pick me up, and it was too later for the train or bus, so I was going to have to lyft or Uber home.

"But it's too late for you to leave  Amber, it's not safe out," King said he hit Harlem on the shoulder.

"Uh yeah like could you stay a little longer I can use some help going over my homework," Harlem said but I could tell he was lying. I looked from him and King and knew they were up to something, Jayceon however didn't catch on, but I played along.

"I thought you didn't have any homework Harlem?" I asked him seeing what lie he was going to come up with now.

"Uh I just remembered I did," he said and I looked at him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey Amber have you ever been on a date?" Cali asked.

"Uhm yeah," I said as me and Jayceon looked at each other confused.

"Recently?" Cali asked.

"Alright Alright that's enough it y'all go get ready for bed," Jayceon said. I laughed shaking my head. I knew what They were trying to do, they were trying to get me and their dad together, as much as I was attracted to Jayceon that would be out of line and disrespectful.

"I'm sorry about that Amber," Jayceon said as I helped him clean off the table.

"It's okay, I get what they were trying to do, but as much as I want to I think it would be disrespectful," I said not even thinking.

"But do you really want to go out?" He asked me.

"Jayceon what about-"

"Amber it's a yes or no," he said.

"Yes I do," I said.

"Good, cause I wanna go out with you too, I don't care about all the extra stuff, we'll figure that out later," he smiled.

"Okay," I said smiling back.

"But I agree with King it is too late for you to go home this late, at least stay the night and I'll take you home in the morning, you can sleep in our guest room," he said.

"I don't know Jayceon, I'm fine I can take an Uber really I got a blade in my pocket and I know how to protect myself," I said about to grab my purse but he grabbed my hand.

"Amb I get that but I'm telling you it's too late to go out, I'm not going to argue with you I'm not letting you leave," I don't know why but he was so aggressive, yet protective, it was so sexy.

"Okay Jayceon," I said Sighing. After we finished cleaning I followed him upstairs to his guest room. He brought me one of his T-shirt's, a bath set of towels, a toothbrush and a brand new bar of soap, and toothpaste.

"This should be everything you need right here, if you need anything else let me know okay," he said to me.

"Okay Jayceon Thanks again," I said putting my phone on the charger . I turned the lights out and grabbed my wireless headphones. Unlocking my phone I went to the music Apple and typed in Jill Scott's Who is Jill Scott: Words And Sounds Volume 1 album. I listened to this until I fell asleep.