Chapter 10

a couple weeks later -

Jayceon -

"So how are you going to propose?" Kendrick asked me as we looked at the wedding ring. I had it sent to the office that way Amber wouldn't be able to see it.

"Well Honestly I don't know, but I want it to be special, I don't want it to be basic either," I said as I closed the box.

"I hear you man, you gonna do it in front of family and friends right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, but that's the thing how am I going to get everybody together man, ain't no holidays coming up , I mean thanksgiving is a few weeks away, but I don't wanna do it on thanksgiving, too much to deal with far as cooking and food I'll get busy and push it off, I'm tired of pushing it off, I want this now," I said frustrated.

"Aye don't stress bro well think of something, but I gotta go get Ariel I'll catch you later man call me if you need anything,"

"Alright bro I will," I said before standing up. He left out and I went to go close the door. Before going back to my desk, I looked at a picture of Amber, that I had on my wall.

She had taken professional photos a couple days ago for her job and she sent me some. I went to Office Max and had them blow it up into a huge poster and I put it in a frame on my wall. Baby girl was so damn fine. I hadn't talked to her in a few days and it was driving me crazy, I called my new secretary London into my office.

"Hi Mr. Taylor is everything okay?" She asked me smiling. London was 22 years old law student, she had called trying to be an intern, after interviewing her and looking over her resume, I decided to give her a full time position.

She reminded me so much of California. I met both her mother and father and agreed to them that I would direct her in the right direction, as long as she kept her head straight.

Right now she was working and taking care of her two year old daughter, Samantha. I let Amber meet her, and Amber approved. She didn't tell me she approved but I could tell she did. If it was anybody else she would of told me hell no.

"Honestly No, I'm all out of ideas, come in for a second, you can leave the door open," I said sitting down.

"Okay," she left the door opened and came in sitting in the chair In front of my desk. She grabbed her notepad like she was about to write.

"It's not work related, I honestly haven't seen Amber in a few days and I wanna take her on a surprise date, but I don't want it to be basic you know dinner and a movie, I want to do something big," I said trying to think.

"Aw that's sweet, but I'm sure even if it was dinner and a movie she'd be happy, but me and my daughters father are going on this new balloon ride downtown,"

"Balloon ride?" I asked curious.

"Do you mind if I go get the flyer,"

"Sure,"

She left out and came back with the flyer, it was a hot air balloon ride throughout the city of downtown. 1 hour rides was $25. 2 hour rides was $50 dollars.

"Thanks London, do you mind if I keep this?" I asked.

"Sure have fun okay,"

"I will hey, push all my appointments for tomorrow, and take the rest of the day off," I said to her.

"Okay thanks so much Mr. Taylor," she said before leaving. I got my phone and car keys went over to Walmart. After grabbing a few groceries, I went home and changed into something casual. I made us sandwiches, cleaned the grapes, and grabbed some juices and waters and put it in a picnic basket. Once I got everything, I called Amber and told her to be ready when I picked her up.