Chapter 17

Jayceon -

I hadn't been to the floral shop in months. The last few employees, I had quit. I just didn't have enough time to come down here and keep this place up like I used too. Sighing I looked around at all the dead flowers. I put on some work gloves grabbed some garbage bags and got to work. Two hours had gone by and I had the place cleaned, the movers came and moved the furniture that I sold and every flower was gone. I put Victoria's pictures in storage.

I made my way to the back office, that Victoria used to occupy. I sat down in the office chair and looked at the empty desk that was once filled with pictures of me, Vicky and the kids. I looked around the empty room and shook my head, I remembered when Victoria first begged me to buy this place. She was so enthusiastic about having her own business and owning her shop.

I had just got the promotion with the company, and I made it my point to buy this place for her. The first few years her business was booming and she was almost never home, but then we had the kids and it slowed down some what. I remembered when she hit rock bottom and told me she wanted to sell this place.

I had been thinking a lot lately, I didn't want to sell this place, she put so much time into this building, I didn't know what to do with it, at first, but then I thought about it. Amber had been talking non stop about owning her own tutoring center. She's even drawn out how she wanted the place to look and everything. I ripped the page that she drew out her notebook and gave it to the construction workers. I wasn't going to sell this place, I was going to fix it up and surprise Amber.

I left the shop and went to pick up the kids from school. I grabbed some stuff for dinner and we went home. I was in bed taking a nap when we got there. The kids got started on their homework while I showered and got dinner started.

"Daddy when is momma going to wake up?" Cali asked.

"I don't know baby you know she normally takes her nap around this time,"

"I know but I wanted to tell her that I stood up to those girls who were picking on me today, they got kicked off the dance team and I got the leading spot," she said smiling.

"Congratulations Baby, I'm proud of you," I said tickling her. I kissed her forehead and she grinned real wide.

"Make sure you tell her as soon as she wake up okay,"

"Okay I will,"

******

Amber -

When I woke up I showered and went downstairs, Jayce and the kids were outside in the backyard playing. I smiled as I watched him tickle Cali, and picking Harlem up. I watched outside and he saw me. He smiled, as he walked over to me and kissed my stomach. "I love you babe," he whispered.

"I love you too, baby I'm hungry," I said as we laughed.

"Come on I'll fix you a plate," we went in the kitchen and he fixed my plate. We stood by the kitchen counter, I ate as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You've gotten so much better at your cooking babe," I said as I ate some of the steak.

"Well I think I got you to thank for that," he said as we he kissed my cheek.

"I think so too,"

We laughed and I continued to eat. After I was done eating we got on the house and watched a movie with the kids.

"Mommy," Cali whispered as she climbed up in my lap.

"Yes baby?" I said as I held her.

"Those girls who were bullying me I stood up to them,"

"You did"

"Yeah and they got kicked off their squad,"

"Good for them, I'm so proud of you sweetheart,"

"Thanks mommy,"

I kissed her cheek twice and she laughed.

After the movie went off we put the kids to bed. I went upstairs and got in bed while Jayceon showered. I was reading The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah when he came and got in bed. He started paying bills and doing his paperwork on this MacBook.

"So babe I been thinking," he said as he closed his folder and adjusted his Mac on his lap.

"About?"

"I know you said you wanted to open your own tutoring center. What if I remolded the shop, and gave it to you along with 10k. I want to invest in your future babe you got a vision what if I helped you create it?"

"Well that would be great babe, If you gave me 10k, I'd more than likely would save it for our kids, I would even use it towards the center Id work and invest and keep my business up and running, Our children will soon be older and they will soon go off to college. I want to invest in them, and their dreams,"

I was impressed with her thinking, this is why I loved Amber, she put others before her own self, and the kids always came first, but she wasn't lazy either she was a hard worker, and she wasn't a gold digger she didn't need mines she wanted to get her own.

"Alright then we'll tomorrow we can go down and you can tell me how you want the place to be designed and I'll get started on it, when you have the babies you can leave teaching and just focus on your business, or you can do both it's up to you babe whatever you do I support you, I'm gone make sure you straight,"

"I know baby you're always taking good care of me and I love you for that," I put my book down and wrapped my hair up. He turned off the lights once I was done and I cuddled up in his arms. He rubbed my back and arms as we kissed

"I love you so much Jayce,"

"I love you much more Amb, I can't wait until the babies come out, we get married and start our journey together it's gone get hard sometimes but I promise I'll never give up on you,"

"I promise I won't give up on you either baby,"

"What's something you want for your birthday sweetie I mean it is coming up this weekend," I asked him.

"It don't matter baby you really ain't gotta get me nothing,"

"Well too bad you know I am,"

"Alright then,"

"Do you have to go to work early?"

"Nah,"

"You wanna go to breakfast spend some time together before you work?"

"Yeah that sounds good,"

"Okay and we can take the kids since it's report card day,"

"Alright, Good night my queen,"

"Goodnight my king," we kissed and drifted off to sleep.