Chapter 19

A few months later -

Jayceon -

I wasn't really cool with Amber going back to work, even though the doctors had said she had healed, she still complained sometimes but told me it was nothing. They said she didn't need any assistance anymore but I still helped her get in and out of the shower, I helped her up and down the stairs and I carried everything for her. She complained and whined but I wasn't trying to hear none of that, I wanted to make sure she was okay.

My mom was still here staying in the house, she wasn't ready to leave her grand babies yet. Cali was still so fascinated with Zoey, and King was super protective of Zack. It was super adorable seeing them helping out around the house with the kids.

Harlem however was our trouble child he had been acting out lately, and getting in trouble at school. I felt he needed to be disciplined but Amber wanted to let him slide. She was a pushover when it came to the kids. She never wanted to discipline them, just talk to them and move on. No some situations they needed they ass beat and that's when I made decisions without her. I knew it was wrong but, enough was a enough.

Then to top it all off she was on my back about planning the wedding. Right now I didn't think we were ready for marriage, we were so busy.  With the kids, and work where we find the time. I mean it's not that I don't want to get married because I do I would of never proposed if I didn't.

I get what Amber be saying when we talk sometimes, but what she says isn't true. I'm not going to fall out of love with her and I'm not going to change how I feel about her. I love Amber with all my heart and soul. I don't know why she doesn't get that I told her the fact that she be questioning my love hurts. I've done nothing but show her how much I loved her. I wish she would understand.

I sighed as I finished chopping the potatoes. I had gotten way better with my cooking. I took a few cooking classes, and I graduated with my associates in culinary. I was so passionate about cooking and it was catching my eye more than my actual job. I had brought opening my own restaurant to Amber a few times and she was all for it, but I just didn't know if I was ready to leave my job behind.

I mean I've been breaking my back with this company for years and took over and made it into my dream company, but I can't stop thinking about cooking. I just figured I'd give it a little more thought before I made any drastic decisions.

I looked over at the clock and it was 9:30pm. I didn't wanna panic too much, but Amber should of been home already. She normally comes in around 4 or 5, and if she's coming home late she calls. I wiped my hands off and grabbed my phone, I called her but It went straight to voicemail. I sent her text, and went back cooking.

The moment I got done, I heard a car door slam and the sound of it being unlocked. I heard heels clicking and keys jiggling. The front door opened and the alarm went off. I heard the door close and buttons being pressed. The alarm went off. "Jayce! I'm home babe!" She yelled.

"I'm in the kitchen baby!" I yelled back. A few moments later I heard her coming down the hall and into the kitchen.

"Mmm bae it smells so good in here, what did you cook?" She asked as she took off her heels and walked over to me.

"Nothing much, some slight, salmon, homemade garlic mashed potatoes, cornbread, and asparagus,"

"Mmm sounds good, I can't wait to eat," she said right before we kissed. She went over to the fridge and I started grabbing plates from the cabinet.

"You wanna help me set the table?"

"Sure?"

"So how was work? You had a long day?" I asked her.

"Yeah, that's why I'm a little late coming in, I had papers to grade, and a couple of my tutoring sessions took a little bit longer than I expected,"

"Why you didn't call me?"

"Thanks for saying that my phone died and I meant to put it on charge as soon as I came in because I left my charger here, my spare one that I keep at work I brought it home last night by accident,"

"It's no big babe I was just a lil concerned you normally call me but you didn't but it's all good,"

"I know and I'm sorry baby, but I promise I was fine," We kissed and went to go set the table.

After making sure the kids washed their hands we fixed their plates, I made my mom a plate and helped Amber get the twins settled. They sat in their highs chairs eating their cut up food. We all sat around the dining room table eating. After the kids ate we put them to bed, Amber went upstairs after talking to momma.

"Baby I'm going up stairs, see you in a bit?" She asked.

"Yeah imma be up in a minute baby,"

"Okay,"

She went upstairs and momma came into the kitchen where I was. "You've done good boy I'm very proud of you, you have a good woman, beautiful children, you did good," she said smiling and nodding her head.

"Thanks ma, I wouldn't have did it without you,"

"You damn right," she said as well.

"But boy why are you so hesitant about marrying Amber? Is it because of Victoria?"

"No ma, I'm just I don't know, I mean it's not about Victoria at all, it's just I'm scared I did lose my wife ma, like I wanna Marry Amber But I'm scared something gone happen to her. That's why I'm so overprotective,"

"Oh Jayceon, I know what you're feeling baby, but you can't feel like that, Amber is going to be fine, if you didn't know she has a lot of faith she's a strong believer,"

"I know ma, but I just don't wanna rush,"

"So why did you propose?"

"Because I didn't want her to think I didn't want to get married or that I wasn't feeling her because I am, I also didn't want to loose her, I'm just I don't know ma, I need sometime,"

"Well have you spoken to her about it?"

"Not really I don't know how,"

"Well you have to do it soon son and explain how you feel to her, as long as you be honest and open, she will understand you, and accept,"

"I hear you,"

"Alright now, think about what I said go and talk to that woman.

"Alright mama, I will,"

"Alright good night,"

"Goodnight ma,"

After cleaning up, I went upstairs, showered and got in bed with Amb. "Is everything okay sweetheart?" She asked me.

"Yeah everything's good, why you ask that?"

"You normally talk my ears off before we go to bed, you sure nothings bothering you?"

"Yeah I'm good bae," I lied. I didn't want us arguing tonight, so I left it alone, I figure we could talk at another time, until now I wanted to keep things peaceful.