Chapter 12

A weeks later -

Amber -

I was sitting at my desk on break eating this salad Jayceon had made me, when I reminded myself to grab something to eat before going back home. That's right, Jayceon had been begging me to move in with him and the kids.

At first I didn't feel comfortable because it was the house he and his ex wife bought together, but he sat me down and told me soon before we had the baby we would go buy our own house.

I couldn't believe it, every day I was still coming to grips with the fact that I was pregnant. Jayceon and the kids loved it, however, they were driving me nuts. I loved being around him and the kids don't get me wrong, but I hated when they treated me like a baby, and Jayce was driving me crazy with this health food shit, every day he was making me eat salads, and smoothies with Kale.

Despite the nasty meals and dictating what I could and couldn't eat, was that he was reading all these books on how to communicate with children. He was taking his time with King and learning how to talk to him, he also wanted to read to the baby and rub my stomach every night. There was no doubt Jayceon was a good daddy. I had started typing on my computer when my door opened.

"Hey babe," Jayceon smiled brightly as he came through the door with McDonald's. Was it bad that I was more interested in the McDonald's then him.

"Hey honey," I said as I got up. We hugged and kissed then he bent down and kissed my stomach twice.

"I just wanted to come eat lunch with you, and I decided since you been eating healthy all week you deserve a lil cheat," he said as he put the bag on the table.

"Now I don't feel guilty because I was going to go cheat," I said laughing as he shook his head while reaching in the bag.

"What you doing?" He asked me.

"Nothing now I don't have another class until 3:30, so I've been grading papers and updating grades, I'm a little tired now plus our baby has been kicking like crazy," I said as I stole some of his fries and sipped his drink.

"You got some more work to do?" He asked me.

"Yeah these two folders," I said showing him the thick folders that sat at the end of my desk.

"Well I'll help you babe,"

"Okay baby you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah baby the doctor said no stress at all I don't want you to get overwhelmed with all this pass me a pen," he said to me. I went inside my desk and handed him a pen, I gave him the answer sheet and he started grading whatever was in the folder.

My break was over and Jayce had finished both folders and was helping me get my lesson plan for tomorrow together.

"Alright lady bug I gotta go pick up the kids, but I'll see you tonight Okay," he said getting up and putting on his jacket.

"Okay baby, I'll see you when I get home," Home? I didn't think I'd ever be saying that. I guess he caught on and smiled. He leaned over the desk and we kissed.

"I love you babe,"

"I love you too baby see you,"

"See you,"

As soon as he left I got sad, I already missed him and couldn't wait to go home.

********

Jayceon -

After getting the kids I went home and started cooking dinner. "Daddy what you making?" King asked.