ᴱⁱᵍʰᵗ

Song rec (i don't usually do this): Let Me Feel Low (ft

Song rec (i don't usually do this): Let Me Feel Low (ft. Miloe) - Cavetown

If she was being honest, Lenna was actually happy her father pushed her to go to New York. After living in Idaho for the majority of her life, Malibu was a big step up for her. She saw a larger variety of cars on the ride home than she had in her entire time in potato country. Never would she have imagined that she was a big city girl, but New York quickly changed her. The people were rude, the cars were loud, the rats were huge, but she felt so at home.

Her first night there, Lenna went on a midnight walk... as a stray cat. She wandered down alleyways and ran from other strays. She leaped over puddles and saw the city from an entirely new perspective. The best part of the night was when she sat on the roof of a building, her feet swinging over the edge precariously. The sun still cast peach and gold streaks over the sky despite it hiding over the horizon. Lenna sat there until the light had completely left the sky and all left were the artificial lights from the city.

"So beautiful..."

"New to New York?" A dark figure sat down beside Lenna, crossing her legs instead of extending them off the roof.

"Yeah, I didn't want to come at first, but... I don't regret it anymore." Brushing a strand of hair behind her ear, Lenna looked the woman up and down. Her black hair and leather jacket weren't anything unusual, but she had a funny air to her.

One look between the girl and the woman said more than words ever could: "You don't need to know who I am."

"Well, I better get going," Lenna said, nodding to the woman. She stood up on the edge of the building and jumped slightly off the building. The familiar feeling of her bones shifting and shrinking was reassuring as she caught herself on a pair of raven feathers.

The next morning, Lenna learned she was born to be a New Yorker. She quickly caught on to the fact that the builders weren't going to listen to some random sixteen-year-old, and (not wanting to pull the 'my father is Tony Stark' card) she had to earn their respect the hard way. By the end of the day, her knuckles were bleeding from the number of noses she had to break, but she had gained the respect of the men, and the project could finally continue smoothly.

Despite how smoothly her working life was moving, her social life was taking a steep decline. Her calls with Grant were short and distracted, and the ones with her father were shorter and far between. Lenna's nights were filled with her wandering the city in various forms (the most common ones were as a cat or as herself). She hadn't seen the mysterious woman since, but after that night she tried to avoid the shifty areas she found.

Lenna had made no friends, and she knew better than to call the waitresses at the local cafe her friends. She knew they were only nice to her for extra tips, and she couldn't blame them. Everything in New York is expensive. Lenna wanted to be self-sufficient on this trip, only using her own money, but after seeing the expenses of just two days, she didn't hesitate to use Tony's money.