四十二

ETITE

"Lenna would you quit that?!"

"What?! What am I doing?"

"I'm trying to work and you keep—"

Lenna winced at the sound of the beaker breaking. She glanced up and Tony who was fuming.

"Out."

"What?!"

"OUT!"

Lenna surrendered, her hands up to her shoulders, and backed slowly out of the lab. She sent an angry glance and Bruce for not helping her out, which he returned with a shrug. She grabbed her phone off the counter and dialed Grant's number.

No answer.

"Hey, It's me... I called... again. I know you're mad at me but c' mon! What was I gonna do? Let New York be overrun with aliens? Look, I'm sorry. Call me when you can, bye."

She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Grant called her twenty times during the fight but she didn't see them until after the whole ordeal. By then she had already been scolded by Steve, her father, and Nick for not sitting out the battle with a full-blown concussion. His yelling at her for even being in New York threw her off the edge. She snapped at him and hung up angrily. Lenna's tried calling him back but no answer.

Fine, if he was going to be petty and not answer then she would go out and have the time of her life without him! Lenna grabbed her coat and slung it over her light sweater. After telling JARVIS where she was going she popped on down to the local café.

When she was here by herself she liked to scope out all the single cute guys. Lenna got her coffee and sat down in the corner, sipping it thoughtfully.

Grant has been so caught up in his work that he's hardly made any room for her. She's considered going over to California to visit him multiple times but it wasn't a serious thought. Not until now. She stood up abruptly and called Happy.

"I need to get to Cali," she said rushing out of the café.

"And I need a girlfriend, your point?"

"Fly the 'copter to New York and fly me home."

"Listen, I'm in the middle of a—"

"Whatever, get out," snapped Lenna, getting frustrated.

"Excuse—"

"You work for me, fly me to California!" Lenna smiled to the people who just watched her scream into her phone. Great! Now she looks entitled!

"On my way," Happy sighed after a pause.

"Thank you."