十九

ᑌᑎᑕᒪE E

•edited•
When Steve awoke from the five hours of sleep he got and went on a run. Five hours of sleep was more then he had gotten the past week combined. Every time he closed his eyes he was back in the jet headed straight for the icy wasteland. Directly away from the future with the love of his life.

After the quick run around Central Park, he popped into the local hole in the wall gym. The owner of the gym was more than happy to give him a private room whenever he came in. Steve felt bad for taking advantage of the poor guy but he repeatedly assured him that it was fine.

Meanwhile across the city, Lenna leaped out of bed with a yowl. Tony had barged in and demanded JARVIS play AC/DC at top volume. The russet cat hissing and circling on the floor would confuse the hell out of anybody—but ooooohhh nooo! Tony Stark ain't nobody!

Tony laughed as he informed her of the breakfast waiting downstairs leaving the rock music shaking the walls. Lenna morphed back and quickly turned it down, but not before admiring her lovely tail one last time.

Lenna changed the music to Journey as she mourned the loss of her tail. Her first shaky steps turned rushed as she sifted through her closet. While Tony was gone she had installed a secret compartment where all of her badass SHIELD clothes hung. Quickly dismissing that thought she settled on a light cream colored sweater and a pair of leggings. She decided instead of contacts she would be rocking the glasses and placed the large square framed plastic rims upon her nose.

After quickly braiding her hair and shoving a beanie on it she hurried downstairs to her breakfast. Tony was already there and waiting impatiently as he scrolled through things on his homemade tablet. Lenna rushed over and grabbed the plate of bacon next to the plate with her breakfast on it and began to eat it. She put on a pair of Converse that were once forest green but now resemble the forest floor much more.

"You ready kid," Tony asked, not even caring about the fact that his daughter neglected the nutritious breakfast he had painstakingly made and instead grabbed a plate of bacon. It was probably for the better, he hadn't cooked since the brownie incident.

"Yep," Lenna said through a mouthful of bacon. She let out a cough as a bit of bacon almost slid down the wrong pipe. Tony raised an eyebrow before ushering her into the elevator.

The elevator dinged as they reached the garage. Tony let Lenna pick from all of the cars except for "any car but the ones over there, and there, and there." That left her one row of cars that were all lame. She ended up choosing the bright blue convertible.

The two sped off on their Father-Daughter bonding trip Pepper had insisted they do before she left again for California.

"Pipsqueak, meet the green lady, herself!" Tony shouted as they approached the island. They parked and headed on over.

"Wow," marveled Lenna. "Can we go in it?"

Tony scoffed. "Can we get in there!" He mocked. "I'm Tony Stark and you're my daughter—hell yeah!" He later regretted the decision to mock her since she quickly morphed into a bird and flew to the top leaving him to climb the stairs.

He was gasping for breath and clinging to his Niagara Falls hoodie as he collapsed onto the threshold of the crown.

"Holy shit!" Lenna called to Tony. "Look at the view!" A mother of three scowled at the girl before grabbing two of her kids' hands and storming out. Tony made some sort of comment to the lady as she walked out making her scowl grow even deeper.

The two traveled all around New York after that. They walked around Central Park until lunch, to which they went to a pizza joint that has been there since the forties. They drove around Manhattan with the top down as they breathed in the life of New York. Tony quickly pointed out an arcade and Lenna, who was getting her hours for her license, pulled over.

They entered the little joint with the peeling wallpaper and the dust coating the machines near the back. Lenna and Tony bought a handful of tokens as they split up to play games. She started with Guitar Hero and ended up moving to a Zombie Shooter game.

The bell rung as Lenna hung up the gun to the game. She turned around and saw a boy with an older man walk in. The boy had dark brown hair and large excited blue eyes while the man's hair was a more grey version of the child's. His eyes were the same shade as the boys. She walked right past them as they were purchasing tokens and joined Tony at Galaga.

"Wow," Lenna murmured, "they still have this game—I used to play it back in Idaho." She ran her finger over the side of the machine as she remembered the time she and Grant would spend playing and arguing over the game.

Tony groaned as the game ended. "Let's see how good you are then."

He stepped aside reluctantly as Lenna walked around to the front of the machine. She slid a token into the machine and aggressively began pounding the buttons and moving the joy-con.

The young boy turned around as Lenna passed them. He tugged on his uncle's shirt and pointed to the Zombie Shooter game she was walking away from. "Can I please play that game?" He begged fervently.

The man took one glance at the demo footage of the gory zombies and the huge virtual rifle. "No."

"But Uncle Ben," Peter pleaded, "I'm almost ten—"

"Exactly," Ben pointed out, "you're 9, you shouldn't know how to shoot a gun—even a video game one." He patted the boy on the back. "Your birthday's coming up, then you can play it."