四十六

ᕼᑌᑎGY ITᑕᕼ

Sleep nowadays was hard to get. Nightmares from the Battle would cause Lenna to wake up in a sweat. Oftentimes she wouldn't even sleep, instead, she'd go out on her new terrace and gaze out at the city lights.

The Battle happened a little over two months ago and Bruce was looking to be a permanent resident of the Tower. On a particularly warm summer night, Lenna was sitting on the terrace twiddling her thumbs and trying to see the stars.

Just as she thought she found one a voice startled her. "Get in loser, we're going shopping."

Lenna glanced around and saw nobody. "Wade?" A red masked head peeked out from under the terrace.

"Hello lovely," he said sarcastically before hauling himself over the terrace and walking inside.

"Wait—why are you here?" Lenna asked stumbling inside.

"Because a bitch gets hungry," he said shoving an abandoned PopTart in his mouth. "And I heard about the dick who cheated on you."

Lenna looked down at her hands. "I was an idiot, but we don't need to talk about that." She straightened up, her gleeful smile not reaching her eyes.

"How was your 'vacation'?" she asked.

"I wouldn't call it a vacation," Deadpool said, allowing the topic to drop. "More like a paid murdering spree."

"I'd even go so far as to say justice spree," Lenna joked.

Wade shook his head seriously, "Nope, not much justice."

"Oh."

The rest of Wade's visit was filled with small talk and comfortable silence. Lenna didn't want to let anything get in the way of this precious time.

"I'll be back tomorrow," Wade assured Lenna right before slipping off the terrace.

"Bye Wade," Lenna said quietly. She couldn't ignore the day anymore, time to face it.