三十三

EᑕᖇET

The doors slid open as Lenna joined the two in the lab. Tony went straight to setting everything up while Dr. Banner prepared the scepter and the instruments he was going to use. Lenna walked over to the scepter and picked it up.

She tossed it around a bit, testing its weight, and began to fake shoot lasers. "Pew pew!" She said under her breath and she aimed it at an unoccupied wall.

"How old are you?" Tony asked as he approached her.

Lenna stood up straighter and set the butt of the scepter on the ground. "Sixteen," she said, leaning against it. "But—soon to be seventeen."

"Right," Tony said as he held out his hands expectantly. "Well?" He asked when Lenna didn't hand it back to him.

She rolled her eyes and handed it back reluctantly before approaching Dr. Banner. "Hey, Doc?" She said as she leaned against the table. "Whatcha doin'?"

"I'm calibrating the scanner," he said distractedly, "to the level of radiation this thing is pouring out." He looked up at Lenna and saw she was making doodles on a clear tablet on the table. He sighed and readjusted his glasses.

Lenna was fully concentrated on the little doodle of a chibi Loki holding the scepter. She made little cooing sounds as she drew his angry pout and gasped when she realized she could animate it.

(A/n: Not mine! Got it from Google Images!)

She was startled from her work by Banner. "The Gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process."

Tony tapped and dragged icons around the screen be was working on. "If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around six-hundred teraflops."

"All I packed was a toothbrush," Bruce joked.

Tony let out a small huff of laughter as he approached the two.

"You should pop on by Stark Towers," Lenna suggested as moved away from the drawing and sat on the other side of the table.

"Top ten floors all R and D," Tony added.

"You'd love it, it's candy land," she finished for him. Tony smiled at her, their previous argument was forgotten, and picked up something.

"Thanks... but the last time I was in New York I kinda... broke Harlem," Bruce said sheepishly.

"Sweet," Lenna mumbled.

"Well, I promise a stress-free environment. No tension, no surprises," Tony said right before he tased him.