三十二

I ᑌᑎᗪEᖇᔕTOO TᕼᗩT EEEᑎᑕE

The solemn mood in the room really made Lenna curious on what had happened with Loki. Obviously, they were threatened, but with what? And how? She saw Fury walk out of there so she was positive she missed some of the quips he seemed to keep infinitely stored away. Natasha looked troubled and that was when Lenna noticed that a certain archer was missing.

Barton, she mouthed to Natasha. A question in and of itself.

Compromised, she mouthed in return before turning back to the conversation at hand.

Thor's commanding timbre brought her back to reality. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army," Steve repeated.

"From outer space." Lenna closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. She could feel a migraine just waiting to happen.

"So," Banner said, "he building another portal. That's what he need Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig," Thor said his attention peaking.

"He's an astrophysicist," Lenna explained.

"He's a friend," corrected Thor.

Lenna raised an eyebrow, "Wasn't aware of that."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell—along with one of ours," Natasha explained. Lenna's mouth parted in understanding.

"Barton," she whispered in realization.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him in." Steve looked around to see if anyone else had noticed. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak," Thor warned Banner. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother." Lenna's eyes widened as she just realized Thor's sleeves had vanished. She spun around once to see if they had been discarded on the ground; nope.

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha deadpanned.

"He's adopted." Lenna covered her mouth to hide a snort of amusement.

"I think it's about the mechanics," Banner said in reference to what they stole back in Germany. "Iridium... what do they need the iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent," Lenna and Tony said unison.

He turned back to Phil briefly and said something before turning back. "It means the portal won't collapse of itself like it did at SHIELD." He turned to Thor, "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Pipsqueak, you were supposed to get checked out like me."

"And you told me to wait here," Lenna sassed back.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants," he walked right past Maria and onto the little peninsula where Fury stood. "Raise the mizzenmast, jib the topsails!" The agents hesitated to watch him play pirate before returning to work. "That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did." Steve glanced over in confusion.