三十九

Iᔕᕼ I ᗷᗩᖇᖇE

The bald lady, who then introduced herself as the Ancient One, held out her hand. "Nice to meet you, Miss Stark."

"Please," Lenna grinned as she shook her hand, "call me Lenna."

"Of course," she said. "I assume you didn't know you were landing on the New York Sanctum's roof when that man dropped you off."

"No, I'm so sorry for interrupting your conversation."

The Ancient One waved her off. "When this is over you should visit sometime, you look promising."

"Thanks?" Lenna said, slightly confused.

"Of course, now I mustn't keep you any longer," the Ancient One said, nodding her head slightly.

"Oh, right, the evil... dude," she said, slightly discombobulated.

As she leaped off the roof she morphed into a falcon and used its super-speed to fly over to where Steve had crashed the quinjet.

"Could you make more of a mess?"

Steve grinned when he saw her but frowned at the state she was in. Her previously neat hair was full of grass and flowers from the field and tangled beyond belief. Her face was more than slightly battered and her uniform was torn and stained; there were a few feathers still on her shoulder. The concussion she had sustained was beginning to affect her balance, as she wobbled about.

"You need to get somewhere safe," he said sternly. "Now."

"No," Lenna replied, her face hard.

Steve sighed before looking at Stark Tower. Lenna gasped when she saw the massive portal forming above her home. From the portal flew a giant whale-like alien and off of it, dozens of smaller, more humanoid aliens leaped from its back and onto the buildings it was crushing. A handful of smaller, one-man flying ships crept from the portal as well.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked.

"Seeing," Tony replied instantly. "Still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted."

The Captain ran back to where Natasha, Lenna, and Clint were crouched behind a taxi. The Stark girl was horrified as she watched Loki utterly destroy all of the civilians that had yet to clear the street. Explosion after explosion. The policemen hardly avoided the fires.

"They're fish in a barrel down there," Cap said.

Natasha began shooting at the approaching Chituari. "We got this. It's good. Go."

"You think you can hold them off?" He asked Clint who had moved.

"Captain," he loaded an arrow, "it would be my genuine pleasure."

Lenna grinned before she morphed into a russet-and-black striped tiger. She leaped at the Chituari, her breath pure fire, dodging Nat's bullets as she dove in between the soldiers and set them ablaze.

As she ran over to where Clint was assisting people out of a bus, she morphed into a ram and set a force field around it. Lenna defended the bus by headbutting any of the aliens that dared to approach it. When they were ready she morphed into a panther, taking down the protective barrier, and began shooting lasers at them with Nat.

"Just like Budapest all over again," Nat shouted.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently," Clint shouted back.

"Are you gonna continue to leave me in the dark?" Lenna transmitted.

"Don't worry about it."

•••
Sorry this is so short
Wrote this at, like 00:30
Like in the same day
I may go back and edit this
But not extend it
Expect a short one on Monday too
At a friends house for the weekend