Humanity

"Michael, let's go!" I scream at him, but he is too distraught to move. We are both standing in front of three corpses that were burnt to a crisp, they were sentenced to death by fire- something only witches and witch hunters do. It's inhumane, but I understand it. These men were planning something huge against the coven because they have always felt inferior to the witches, they always will. I understand the need to kill them, but I have always felt that the coven should deal with things better. It just makes things harder on me, and especially on Michael. "She's dead, Michael! I can't feel her and I know you can't either," I say yanking his arm trying to pull him off of the ground.

"It's over, we know who you are," Cordelia Goode yells out from behind us, I was hoping to avoid contact with her. I don't turn around but Michael does. "Your allies are all dead, you failed." She says and Michael gets aggravated.

"I've already proven to you that I can defy death. I'm just going to bring her back." He screams out to her, his tears still flowing down his cheeks. "And when I do, my Ms. Mead will stand by me as we watch you die." He says threatening her.

"Michael, you can't bring her back," I say touching his arm but he pushes me away. He's too upset for human comfort. "I can't feel her anywhere," I honestly haven't put any effort into looking for her soul, but I also really don't care enough.

"You should listen to Natalie, she is wise," Cordelia says acknowledging my presence as she looks to me, I look back at her with a glare. There's nothing I hate more than coven scum, especially their supremes. 

"I'm going to bring her back!" He screams, not wanting to accept the harsh truth that is reality. He is aggravated to the point that he could kill anyone who gets in his way, it's intimidating watching from afar. 

"You can certainly go to Hell, but you won't find her there," Cordelia says like she has already won the battle against Michael, which is far from the truth.

"What have you done?" His face drops as he tries to wrap his head around the entire situation. He knows exactly what she means, he just does not want for this to be his fate. 

"I believe that Ms. Goode has cast a spell over her soul that only she can break, it's pointless, Michael," I say to him and Cordelia stares at me as I read her mind effortlessly.

"You will never see her again, you're alone." She says to him as he accepts the death of his beloved Ms. Mead, in my head, I am celebrating it. I wanted that bitch to burn, she was the one thing that was in the way of Michael and me- I hated her for it. 

"I'm never alone, I have my father and my Natalie." He says in defiance, he's not ready to give up the fight and he never will be.

"Where is he now?" Cordelia asks him and his face drops, he doesn't know. "Why did he let this happen?" She asks trying to sway him away from the dark. "You don't have to follow this path that your father laid out for you!" She says but it is pointless. "You can write your own destiny. You can still turn away," She reaches out for his hand. "There's still humanity left in you." She says and Michael does not accept her hand. He glares down in disgust and I step in before he starts to say something that he will regret. 

"Try you will, but succeed you will not," I say and she looks to me. "He has already been summoned to the dark, there is no turning back now, Cordelia," I say ashamed, feeling like I have failed my greatest mission. I feel like Michael has always been my one true and great purpose, and that I failed, maybe there was nothing I could do to save him. 

"What are you?" She says as she stares at me in wonder. "You are not an ally of the dark, so what are you?" She asks me, contemplating in her head all of the things that could be me. "I feel nothing but purity radiating from you, why would you choose to be with Michael?"

"I'm not giving up on him, I'm the only one who hasn't let him down," I say looking towards her. "His father abandoned him, his mother never gave a shit. He found comfort in his Grandma, but she couldn't deal with the darkness. I'm the only one he has left, and you have made it a million time harder for not only him but me as well. He's impulsive and destructive, you couldn't think of anything else to help him other than kill his only ally?" I say hypocritically, I'm trying to put the negative focus on her so Michael does not learn that I was the one who exposed his relationship with Ms. Mead. Averting my eyes towards Michael I whisper to him, "Let's go, now," I say and he looks instantly calm, but still frustrated enormously.

Before we make it past Cordelia she grabs Michael's arm, "I see it, there's still humanity in you!" She says and he just glares back at her, she doesn't let go of his arm. "If you come with me, maybe we can find it. Together," She says trying to convince him, but it will never work.

"Somehow, some way, I am going to bring her back." He says inching closer to her face in an intimidating way. "And then I'm going to kill every last one of you," He says spitting at her.

"Michael, don't concern yourself," I say and grab his arm as he slithers out of Cordelia's grasp, he looks back at her but I transmit a message in his head to not look back. 

"You can be saved too!" Cordelia screams at me. "I can feel that you hate the darkness that rises inside of Michael, it disgusts you," She says looking at me trying to grasp anything that I give to her, she's desperate for some leverage against Michael because she is a weak being. She knows that she and her powers are fading rapidly, and soon she will be no match against Michael. 

"I may hate the dark side, but trust me, I hate the coven much more," I say and interlock my fingers with Michael as we walk away from the filth that is Cordelia.