Who's the Alpha?

"Michael, stop with that thing!" I say waving my hand around him. He's wearing his fathers latex suit, and even though it fits him in all the right places, it's creepy.

He walks closer to me with a smirk on his face, "I know you like it," he says with too much stride.

"Woah, woah. You, sir, have become way too confident!" I say and he gives me a small, innocent, smile. His smile could light up the entire room it's so big, I've never been so happy in my life. I figured, the world has already ended why make myself miserable for no reason? I still love Michael with all of my heart, and I know he feels the same about me and Layna. Although, sometimes he seems like a completely different person, he's still the same man I fell in love with, just a hundred times more confident.

"How bad do you think it will scare the others? They're bored, they need something that's thrilling," He says, looking at himself in the mirror and smoothing out the creases.

"Well, I can't tell you if they will be freaked out, but I can tell you that your daughter will not like it," I say and he looks at the sleeping child on the king sized bed. He starts to walk over to her and he sweeps her into his arms. "Please don't wake her up, you know how hard it is to get her to sleep," I say and he just gently rocks her in his arms. What a dad. Thankfully, he is gentle enough and she doesn't wake up.

Hearing a knock on the door, I go to open it. Mouthing to Michael to at least put a coat on, I slide the door open. Keeping the door cracked enough so I can see the person, but they cannot see inside, Dinah stands outside. "Hello, Witch Queen," I say taking her by surprise. Her eyes are wide like I've just revealed her biggest secret, which I have, and I ask her what she's doing here.

"I haven't met our new company, I'm starting to believe that he's not real," She says with a playful tone.

"He will see you when he wants, Dinah. He will eat dinner with all of us, you can meet him then," I say and as I go to close the door, she holds it open by pressing her palms against the wood.

"Open the door, I need to talk with him," She says trying to pry her way inside, frantically. Mentally, I remove her and she goes flying five feet back and ends up on her back.

"You will see him when I see fit, don't cross me again. I promise you will regret it," I say slamming the door on her. I turn around and place my back on the door taking a deep breath. Michael is staring at me with a smirk and I smile back to him.

"I love the authority that you hold here, it's like you were made for this role," He says speaking with his hands, a new trait he has acquired over the years.

"Well if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here," I say in an indifferent tone. Since I can't change the past, I might as well enjoy the present.

"Be grateful, Natalie. You were given a second chance at life, I saved you," He says smiling to me, I'm guessing he still believes that there was an intruder.

"I don't really want to talk about it," I say, feeling a little upset about the entire situation.

"Why not? You are a prime example of what my powers can do, you are the reason I carried on. You know, if you had died right then and there I probably wouldn't have made any of this happen! You are the reason for the end times, my light, and my inspiration. You are the reason that I am here, Natalie," He says over dramatically, smiling at me like a lunatic. Hearing what he said about him not carrying on without me makes me sad, if I had succeeded maybe the world wouldn't have ended. At least I gave it a try.

"It just brings back bad memories, that's all," I say trying to give my best smile, his wide grin turns into a small frown as he carries Layna over to me. Handing me the small child, I cradle her in my arms, he inches his face closer to mine. He can tell that I'm not that grateful to be here.

"You know, it can all disappear in an instant," He says snapping his finger while getting intimidatingly close to my face. The child that was just in my arms disappeared into thin air. Michael thinks he has outsmarted me, but I can see Layna in the corner of my eyes sleeping peacefully on the bed, I can tell he didn't want to harm her. Although his trick was meant to intimidate me, I cannot give him the satisfaction of feeling more powerful than me, because that's what our relationship is based around- dominance.

I snap my fingers and the entire room turns black while a newly teenage Michael is tied to a chair, "Don't forget where you came from," I say to him as he looks flabbergasted. His hair is short again, and he's wearing his old outfit with the yellow shirt and jean jacket. Like he always used to look, he looks lost and scared. I start to walk circles around him as he tries to undo his restraints by wiggling around.

"Let me go!" He screams to me and I let out a low chuckle of dominance. He's so hopeless and insecure right now, and I'm probably the worst wife ever, but it makes me happy.

"I don't even know why you even try, you know you couldn't ever best me. I made you who you are, Michael. I've basically raised you your entire life! Don't you remember when your grandma kicked you out? I was the person to talk her down! You may have prevented me from killing myself, but I have made you everything that you are," I say and with another snap of my fingers, we were both back in the room that we were in before, everything was back to normal, and my baby girl was back in my arms.