Chapter 16

Nicole's P.O.V.

I was wondering around some fancy ass store I would normally have never gone into. But a couple of the WAGs invited me to go shopping with them for some cute outfits for New Year's Eve. While the girlfriends were over looking at the trashiest dresses you could imagine the wife's were looking at some more modest dresses, considering they already had NHL players.

I really got to know the wife's, even though they threatened me at the beginning of the year. It was something along the lines of at the team get together Vero Fleury, Carole-Lyne Dupuis, Maureen Kunitz, Anne Adams and a couple other wife's came up to me and basically said if you try and flirt with any of our husbands we'll kill you. They were blunt like that, like I was, and I liked it.

"How about this one?" Anne asked holding up a purple, short, long sleeve dress.

"That's really cute." I told her.

"You think? I'm gonna go try it on." She said walking towards the fitting rooms.

I was left in the middle of the store sitting on a bench I finally found. I really hated shopping, especially at stores like this. I pulled out my phone and saw I had a text from Olli asking me how it was going.

'Ugh! :(' was all I responded and he replied with 'haha. Find something sexy.'

Perv I thought to myself before Catherine walked up to me with 3 dresses in her hands.

"Vous devriez essayer ces sur. ils regardent longtemps, mais vous êtes grand, de sorte qu'ils doivent être juste courte." She told me. (You should try these on. They look long but you're tall, so they should be just short enough.)

I nodded, took the dresses and headed towards the fitting rooms.

One dress was a strapless, pink sequin thing which didn't work because A, I don't own a strapless bra and B, I don't have anything to hold the dress up. The next one was dark blue lacy and way to modest for me, it was like Sunday school modest. But the last one was damn near perfect. It was a white, 3/4 length sleeve dress with a low back and gold gems around the back cut out. It was short and tight and while it showed off my hockey ass perfectly it was still modest, and there was know way I could wear a bra with it.

I put my jeans and hoodie back on and walked out of the room with the dress.

"I like this one." I told the herd of girls that waited for me.

I got lots of compliments on it and we headed for the checkout. As we were walking to the register Carole-Lyne asked me what shoes I would wear.

"My vans probably. It's that or my running shoes or flip flops. I don't really have any other shoes." I told her. I didn't see a need for anything more.

"Oh sweetie we need to get you some sexy heels." She told me.

"Umm I'm already one of the tallest people on the team. I really don't want to wear heels. Plus I'll break my neck if I do." I smiled a little, thinking of me standing next to Olli in heels.

"Well then we will have to get you some flats to match your dress."

"Oh, ok."

We paid for the clothes and while the rest of them left Carole-Lyne dragged me to a shoe store. I was happily surprised when they had my size in some really nice white flats that went great with my dress.

I drove home and got ready for the game that night against the Devils. We ended up losing 2-1, but it was a fun game and I got into another fight, with the same guy I fought at the home opener. There for I would be attending the part at Sids house with a black eye, bruised cheek and busted lip. On the upside I only had to one eye of eye make up.