Chapter 17

Nicole's P.O.V.

Olli and I were sitting on floor our backs against my couch as the Winter Classic game got underway.

I was sitting cross legged and his head was in my lap, as I played with his blond hair.

"Can I have more Tylenol?" He groaned.

"You had some like 30 minutes ago. I'm not letting you overdose." I smiled down at him.

"In that case I am never drinking again!" He looked up at me.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "you say that now but wait until you turn 21."

My phone went off and I moved his head out of my lap so I could go and see what the text said.

I looked at my phone and it told me I would be apart of the 2014 Canadian Olympic Women's team. I gasped and squealed which made Olli hop up of the floor and rush over to where I was standing.

"What? What's wrong?" He said looking panicked.

I handed him my phone, to happy to speak.

"Oh my god Nic!" He said picking me up and spinning me around. "I am so proud of you!" He beamed.

Just then his phone went off and he went to check it. He came back with a sad look on his face and my heart sank.

He gave me a look and then smiled, "I'm going to represent Team Finland!"

My heart skipped a beat and I ran in to his arms and hugged him tight.

"Nic, I can't breathe." He rasped making me let go of him.

"Oh my goodness Olli I am so proud of you!" I smiled, "We're going to be Olympians!"

"Oh my god! We're going to be Olympians!" He copied me.

All of a sudden he looked absolutely terrified.

"I'm an Olympian. What if we suck? What if I get hurt? We might not even medal! Oh goodness." He rubbed his temple.

"Olli, look at me." I grabbed his shoulders, "You are a great hockey player. I'm a 110% certain you will medal. And you are 19, you're an NHL player, and now you're an Olympian! Relax and go to Sochi and play your heart out."

"Ok. Why do you not look nervous?" He asked.

"I'm terrified. But I mean come on, we're Canadian women, if we don't win gold it'll be because 99% of our roster got hurt. And Canadians don't need miracles to win gold medals." I smirked. (AN: I'm actually American and Miracle is my fav movie, so this is hard to write.)

"Nice. I gotta go tell my family!" He said walking away.

"Ya. I gotta call my dad." I grabbed my phone and hit my dad's contact.

"Hey dad!" I smiled, even though he couldn't see me.

"Hey Nic, what's up? Is something wrong?" He asked with panic.

"No nothing's wrong actually I have some really good news."

"Ok. Shoot."

"I was picked to play for the Canadian women's hockey team, at the Olympics" I squealed.

"Oh my god sweetie I am so proud of you!" He beamed.

"Thanks! Will you come to Sochi with me? If I can get a ticket and all but..."

"I would love too. Are you talking about just me?" He questioned.

"Ya. Morgan hates planes and I don't want mom to come." I answered honestly.