Chapter 21

Nicole's P.O.V.

I waved goodbye to my dad as he drove away in a cab to the airport. I was going to miss him, the next time I'd probably see him was at the end of the season.

I smiled sadly and walked back to the Canada house. I ran up to my room knowing I was on a time crunch, I went up and slipped on my Määttä shirt, then my hoodie. I headed down to the village and walked, more like ran, over to the Bolshoy ice dome.

The puck had just dropped as I walked into the arena. I found Mrs. Maatta and sat down.

"Hi sweetheart. Congrats on the gold." She smiled at me.

"Hi, thank you."

She quickly hugged me and then turned her attention back to the game in front of us. As soon as Olli hopped onto the ice she grabbed my hand nervously and squeezed the life out of it.

Finland struck first, and as the game went on it was clear that the Finns had the game in the bag. They were up 4-0 in the third and then Olli receive the puck in the slot and wound up and shot. The bullet of a puck zipped past Quick and went top shelf.

"Ya!" I jumped up and cheered with half of the arena.

"That's my boy!" Mrs. Maatta beamed.

"He's gonna win a bronze medal." I told Mrs. Maatta.

She didn't say anything, she just smiled and tears of joy welled up in her eyes. I placed my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into my body.

We sat back down and waited for the final buzzer to sound, when it finally did we jumped up and cheered, and smiled. I couldn't believe it, my little Olli just won an Olympic medal.

"Here come with me." I grabbed he hand and lead her down towards the ice.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"To see our bronze medal winner." I answered simply.

She didn't respond, she just followed me as I lead her down to glass level. I quick showed my pass and then we walked around to the where the guys come off.

"You know he won this for you." Mrs. Maatta said just as the guys with the medals walked out.

"Olli? He won this for me?" I questioned.

"Yes. He figured since he's dating a gold medal winner he should have at least a bronze medal." I blushed at her words, "he couldn't stop talking last night at dinner about how proud he wanted to make you."

"God he's such a sweetheart." I laughed, "you know he could have come in last in whole tournament and I'd still be proud of him."

"Yes. But he also wanted a reason to celebrate with you tonight." She winked at me.

I practically choked at her words, "he told you that?"

"No. But it was implied."

Just then Olli's name was called and he received his medal. The two of us girls cheered and clapped, proud of him.

The boys started to head off the ice and Olli saw us and stepped to the side we told him how proud we were of him and he told us (quietly) that he loved both of us.

Mrs. Maatta and I headed up to the lobby area and waited for him to come up. She asked more questions about our love life which I answered happily. She was much easier to talk to than my mom, and she had a since of humor that I fell in love with.

Olli came up and we congratulated him, each of us giving him a hug.

The rest of the day the three of us walked around the Olympic village and ended up watching some speed skating.