One: Haunted House

Triggers: Gore

Phil and I were walking around the local Halloween festival at the high school. I suddenly spotted a sign for a haunted house that's taking place inside the school.

"Oh a haunted house!! We should go Phil!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know Dan." Phil said sheepishly.

"I'll protect you. I promise." I gave him my best puppy dog eyes, and he sighed in defeat.

"Fiiiiiiine." He whined. I squealed excitedly and dragged him towards the black buildings.

I grasped Phil's hand tightly as we entered the haunted house. Upon entering we were immediately drowned in darkness. The afternoon sunshine was irrelevant in this dark, dank cave.

The first monster we encountered was a man standing frozen behind a counter. I laughed and walked up to him despite's Phil's protests.

"Yeah, I'll have the Budweiser." I said, to which the ghoul didn't respond. But it got a giggle out of Phil. (My friend's dad actually did that in a haunted house).

Phil lead the way into the next room, which was decorated like a bar. There were tables and beers everywhere. A few people dressed as various spooky creatures were seated at the tables, and their eyes seemed to follow us as we walked by. I moved in front of Phil as we entered the next room, knowing a jump scare was coming soon.

Sure enough, the next room was decorated as a butcher's shop. There were various (fake) severed animal parts hanging from the ceiling. Then, out of nowhere, a butcher emerged with a (fake) meat cleaver and chased us out of the room.

In the hallway between the rooms I turned to check on Phil. He was shaking a bit and his grip on my hand was significantly tighter. I wrap my arms around him and kiss the top of his head.

"You're doing so well love." I whisper into his hair. He nods slightly and I grabbed his hand again, placing feather-light kisses to each of his knuckles.

We enter the next room and almost immediately someone jumps out of the closet next to the door. I keep going, holding Phil behind me to shield him. The rest of that room is decorated like a bedroom. We move to the next room, which is lab themed. One of the people is dressed as a mad scientist/doctor. They appear to be digging around in the chest of the person on the table. They then yank out their "heart". I hurry Phil to the next part. It's a long hallway, and I know there are gonna be people jumping out left and right. I give Phil's hand a reassuring squeeze and begin walking down the hall.

Ghouls and other creatures jumped out at every turn. I heard Phil give a little yelp every time one of them snuck up on us, but I wasn't focused on that. I was determined to get Phil out of there.

Eventually, we reached the end and I dragged Phil out. I kept walking until we were safe in the school bathroom. I grabbed Phil and hoisted him up onto the sink. I brushed a couple of strands of his raven black hair out of his eyes, caressing his cheek in the process.

"You okay love?" I ask. He takes a shaky breath in and shakes his head slowly. I see a few tears escape his eyes. I wrap him up in my embrace and he whimpers softly as he cries into my shoulder. I hear a faint mumbling sound. "What was that babe?" Phil pulls away and sniffles adorably.

"I'm sorry for being such a baby." He says, looking down at the ground. I chuckle sadly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for love. You're not a baby. If anything, I'm sorry for bringing you in there." I wipe a stray tear off of his cheek. Then I place my lips to his. He smiles into it and immediately kissed back. I pulled back and looked into his electric blue eyes, my hand still resting on his cheek. "I love you Phil." He smiled and leaned into my touch.

"I love you too." He said.

After we got Phil all cleaned up, we walked back outside hand in hand. Our friends Pj and Louise ran up to us.

"There you guys are!!" We we're just gonna find you. We were wondering if you'd like to go in the haunted house?" Pj said.

"No!!" Phil and I said in unison and then laughed at our synchronization. Pj and Louise shared a confused glance before shrugging and laughing with us. We enjoyed the rest of the evening together.

A/N: I'm such rubbish at endings. But enjoy this spooooky oneshot!!