Nine: Thanksgiving

A/N: I know they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Britain. Dan and Phil live in America in this story.
Triggers: Homophobia and slurs

Today is Thanksgiving. Phil and I are going to celebrate it with my family. It's always exciting and nerve wracking when we visit my family. There's always a chance that they'll find out about our relationship. I love Phil with all my heart, and I know my parents wouldn't understand that if I told them.

Nevertheless, they're my family and I have to visit them from time to time. It's not that I don't love my family, it's just that a whole day without Phil's kisses is straight up torture. So as I'm sitting in my car a few blocks from my parents house, I'm making the most of my time.

"Daaaaan." Phil moans as I kiss down his neck. If it were any other time I'd be littering his milky white skin with love bites. But, instead I just kiss and suck lightly enough not to leave any marks. He finally pulls me off and locks our lips in a sweet kiss. He pulls away and looks me in the eyes.

"Are you sure you're okay Bear? I know how uneasy you get when we visit your parents." I sigh softly. Phil knows me too well. Trying to hide something from him is nearly impossible considering he can read me like a book.

"Yeah Phil. I'm okay. I'm just gonna miss being able to kiss your adorable face." I say, kissing his lips for emphasis. Phil giggles quietly before looking me in the eyes again.

"I love you." His voice is quiet, almost a whisper. I lean in and press our foreheads together.

"I love you too baby."

***

Eventually we begin to head inside. I'm greeted almost immediately by my family dog Collin, who jumps on me as I walk in the door. I laugh as Phil and I give him a few quick pets before making our way into the kitchen. My mum is there working on dinner. I wave hello and she waves back. I just continue on to the living room with Phil in tow.

My dad and little brother, Adrian are sitting on the couch watching the big game. I clear my throat loudly to get their attention. Upon seeing me, Adrian's face lights up and he runs up to hug me. He also gives Phil a hug.

"I've missed you guys!!" He says excitedly. "Did you see my new YouTube video?" I grin widely and nod.

"Yeah I did! It was amazing. I'm still really sorry about the harassment Ad." I say. He shrugs.

"It's alright. Wasn't your fault." Suddenly my dad looks at me.

"Still haven't found a real job I see." He says, slightly annoyed. I keep my face neutral but that comment really stung. I don't understand why my dad doesn't accept my job on YouTube. Even though I'm making quite a bit of money, he still doesn't consider it a 'real job'.

"No dad. YouTube IS my job." I reply, unable to control the slight bite of my words. He just rolls his eyes and continues watching football.

My family has always been like this. After I dropped out of college to pursue my youtube dreams, they've never treated me with much respect. Adrian cares about me the most of my family. My dad the least. And my mom is somewhere in the middle.

This should be an interesting dinner.

***

In less than an hour, our dinner was ready. My mom had prepared all of the traditional stuff. Turkey, gravy, rolls, mashed potatoes, the whole deal. We all sit down to eat but we say grace first. My parents are big on religion, did I mention that? Well either way, we finish our prayers and say what we're thankful for.

My mom is thankful for her family. She says this every year so it's really lost it's meaning.

My dad is thankful for the big game. Yep.