Twelve: One Day

A/N: This is a songfic based off of One Day by Tate McRae. Linked above as usual. Happy readin.

Phil's POV

She stares at her ceiling once again
With a hundred thoughts
Maybe he knows who I am?
Actually, probably not

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. There is only one thing running through my mind: Daniel James Howell. The school's resident popular hunk. Captain of the football team, and friendly to everyone. And to top it all off, I have a massive crush on him. I love every little thing about him. The way his soft brown curls fall across his forehead, his brown eyes that make me melt every time I look in them, and his exclusively monochrome aesthetic.

Sometimes I wonder if he knows who I am. And then I remember that he's Dan Howell, popular, funny, and loved by all. And I'm, Phil Lester, the weird emo boy who likes anime and music. I'm a nobody, Dan's a somebody. There's no way he even knows I exist.

She walks down the halls
With her head down low
Scared to meet his eyes

I walk the halls of school, keeping my head hung low. I'm trying not to draw any unwanted attention. I've learned that the more you keep your head down, the less people seem to target you.

I look up to begin opening my locker, and I notice Dan walking down the hall. He's wearing a black and white jacket with black pants and black shoes. Dammit why does he have to be so sexy? It's hard not to stare as he practically lights up the whole hall with his magnificent smile and incredible dimples.

I suddenly notice him walking towards me. I panic and look down at my feet, praying that he doesn't try to talk to me. Well, I don't have to worry about that. Why would he talk to me? I'm invisible, a complete waste of space. He'd never want to talk to me. As I suspected, he walks right past me and to his friend Chris's locker. He doesn't even glance in my direction. I can't believe I even considered that he'd talk to me.

Even when she hears his voice
She's swarmed with butterflies

"Hey Chris! How you doing mate?" His voice is smooth like butter. It's such a pleasant sound. God I'm getting butterflies just listening to him talk. I wonder what it's be like to hear that voice saying things to me. What would it sound like as Dan asks me how I'm doing? What words would he use? Would he sound as much like Winnie The Pooh as he usually does?

I can imagine, but I'll never know. Dan and I come from two separate worlds. There is very little chance that we'd ever cross paths. He doesn't know me, but I know him. And that's the most painful part of this.

Chris must have told a joke or something because I hear the unmistakable sound of Dan's laughter ringing through the hall. If his voice is pleasant, than his laugh is downright angelic. Seriously, could he be any more perfect? I think not.

It's impossible to get you off my mind
I think about a hundred thoughts
And you are ninety nine

Dan is everywhere I turn. I try everything to keep myself from thinking of him. But it never works. I see Pj Ligouri's curly locks and think of Dan; I see Chris and think of Dan; we read about the best classic romances and I still think of Dan. It seems that no matter what I do, he'll always be in my head. I have hundreds of thoughts but he seems to be the majority of them.

I've understood
That you will never be mine
And that's fine
I'm just breaking inside

Dan's POV

He always walks the crowded halls
And is blinded by this light
A girl who keeps her head down low
And never shows her eyes