Fourteen: I'm your #1 fan

A/N: Based on the post above. With a little creative interpretation. Also I've never been to a meet and greet or convention so I'm sorry if I have no clue how this stuff works 😂 Read A/N at the end

Phil and I are at VidCon again. I do enjoy getting to meet our fans, but conventions really aren't my cup of tea. Especially since it means I can't be affectionate towards my boyfriend. Phil and I have been secretly dating for a few years now. Our fans have kinda already figured it out. But I'm still too scared to come out. I don't want everyone to reject me.

Thankfully, Phil has been super supportive. He reassures me that no one will reject me, but he never tries to force me to come out before I'm ready. He even tries to restrain himself in public and tries to keep affections to a minimum until we are safely away from the views of cameras. It's not like I don't want to be affectionate with Phil. I do, more than anything. But our fanbase is a fucking detective agency and we can't take any risks.

So as we parade around VidCon, saying hi to our friends and taking pictures with fans, we stay two inches apart at least and never let our hands intertwine, despite the almost magnetic force that pulls me to Phil at every moment.

Phil drags me towards the line to meet Pewdiepie, so we can wait for him to finish his meet. Felix is one of our best YouTube friends. He's also a hardcore phan shipper. But since we trust him, he does know that we're dating. Only a few of our friends know.

Phil notices two of our other friends, Mark and Jack, walking up to us. He waves and runs up to talk to them. I smile as I watch him start telling them some of our crazy VidCon stories. He's such a dork sometimes. I give Mark and Jack a small wave but I stay put, because I'm a socially awkward noodle.

A girl then walks up to me. She's not too young, probably 15 or 16. I give her a friendly smile, which she returns.

"Hi! I'm a big fan. I was wondering if I could get a picture?" Ah, she's a fan.

"Sure thing! Let me get Phil." I look up and notice that Phil is already walking towards us, he must have heard the girl's request.

"Actually, can I just get a photo with you?" Oh. I see Phil stop in his place with a sad look on his face. My face must reflect how guilty I feel because his expression changes almost immediately and he seems to encourage me to take the photo. I agree and take a selfie with the girl. She thanks me and runs away to show her friends excitedly. Phil walks up to me and I still feel arguably guilty. He smiles sadly.

"It's alright Dan. I know that there are people who will like you better than me. I can deal." He says.

"Ok, but just remember that I'm your number 1 fan." I whisper back. He smiles and squeezes my arm gently. Usually that would make me worried sick because of the amount of people watching. But in that moment, I don't care. My main focus is on making Phil feel better about himself.

We meet with Felix and have a good time. On our way back to the hotel we get stopped by many other fans, but none of them ask for a picture with just me, or just Phil. Way back in 2012, I was adamant on making everyone understand that Phil and I are separate people, and there is definitely some truth to that. But, now I realize that I don't want to be a solo act. None of this would be worthwhile without Phil by my side. How would I cope if Phil wasn't there to share in the triumphs, and help me in times of failure?

When we get into the hotel room, I waste no time before kissing Phil on the lips, hard. He giggles at my suddenness but kisses back all the same. I lift him up so his thighs squeeze my hips without breaking our kiss. I walk him over to our queen sized bed and lay him on his back. We continue our heated make out session until my lungs are begging for air and I have to break the kiss.

I look into Phil's eyes and watch as the light from the bedside lamp turns them into a kaleidoscope. I watch as they change. Bluegreenyellow then greenblueyellow then yellowgreenblue and on and on. I could never get tired of looking at him. He's a work of art all on his own. He giggles and I blush cause I must have been staring. I hate that he can still make me flustered and bashful even though we've been dating for over 3 years. But I love it at the same time.

"What was that for Dan?" Phil asks, an adorable grin plastered on his face. I smile and press a quick kiss to his nose before rolling off of him and laying beside him. We turn so we're facing each other again.

"I just love you, so so much." I say. And he giggles at my cheesiness. Then he stops and we're back to staring into each other's eyes. He speaks before the words I'd been thinking can even form on my tongue.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?" I blush an ever brighter red and chuckle a bit.

"Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing." Phil giggles and pokes my cheek affectionately.

"And I love your adorable cheeks." He says, poking them again. I giggle a bit more and a comfortable smile settles on my lips. "I love your dimples too." Phil concludes. I look at him properly and whisper something without thinking.

"Well I love everything about you." Phil cringes as he giggles.

"That was so cheesy."

"Well it's supposed to be cheesy." (Hehe)

"I don't like cheese."

"Yeah but you love me."

Phil sighs contently as his eyes flutter shut. "That I do, Danny Boi." I smile softly and kiss his temple lovingly.

"Good night gorgeous." I whisper, and I drift to sleep to a chorus of soft snores leaving Phil's lips.

***

A/N: I posted this early because of all the DnP drama from yesterday and I wanted to address it in a short note. I'm really sad that PINOF is ending, especially since this was my first one. But I'm also really happy that Dan and Phil are happy. Or that they're trying to be happier with what content they give us. Yeah it's a sad time for the phandom but Dan and Phil will be happier and I think that's really important. The whole phandom is having a collective panic attack rn and I just think it's all a little unnecessary. No tea no shade just my opinion. I think that Dan and Phil deserve to be able to take a break if they need to. Anyways, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I'll post a festive oneshot either Christmas or Christmas Eve :)