All Saints Day

The air was heavy, and wet under the afternoon sky of Paris. A tan skinned man is holding his smaller lighter skinned lover in his arms while they lay on the couch. Oliver is asleep, and a soft smile is on his sleeping mouth. The Frenchman petted th small pink haired man's hair softly.

The Frenchman today was feeling the grief of all who were celebrating the holiday today. He could feel the sad joy they felt when they thought of their loved ones and the heartbreaking grief. Normally he didn’t feel all of his people’s emotions unless many were feeling the same types at once. That’s what was happening today on All Saints Day.

He felt like doing absolutely nothing that day, it was a miracle itself that Oliver was able to get the man on the couch at least.

They had just eaten lunch when it began to rain; Oliver had gone to the bedroom the two shared and brought the comforter out snuggling close to the Frenchman. Luis was sure that it was not Oliver's intention to fall asleep and leave him with his thoughts, but yet here he was.

The man couldn’t help but get flashes from his past, starting out slowly with his people from many, many years ago, then it went to the one woman who fought for him and got burned for it, then his pirate days, then he could see his son going to live with Oliver, he could hear the screams of men on battlefields, or the cries of mothers who children died.

He spiraled deeper, deeper, and deeper into this thoughts unable to stop himself from going into this bleak numbness he was used to. He closed his eyes trying to catch his breath, when he felt something touch his face gently.

The blonde opened his eyes to see Oliver had woken up, and was using his right hand to hold the Frenchmans face while his mouth whispered comforting things to him.

Luis hugged the small male as a silent ‘thank you’. Oliver knew this, and squeezed the man tightly in his arms, the two held each other on the couch as rain hit the window in its own melody. Oliver held Luis in his arms, the mans head on the bowtie wearing mans chest the heartbeat comforting him as he was gently pulled from his mind sleep not taking him as much as he would try so he just laid on the soft couch with his lover who helped drive away his own demons.