A Failed Challenge

Louis sat outside his house in a chair that hung from the trees. His headphones on his head blaring a instrumental song that fit perfectly with not only the battle scene going on in his book, but with the yelling of his parents that could be heard from outside.

He could hear the yelling from where he sat. It was starting to bother him. There was a heavy weight in his chest, it made him want to run, his skin itched, and he felt the need for a cigar or anything to distract him.

Sighing he got up, placed his book in his dark green backpack, zipped it up, threw the left strap over his shoulder, and began to walk away from his house. He shivered in the cold breeze  (he only had on a light black hoodie) as he walked down the alleyway close to his home. The music had ended but he still kept his headphones on.

Bitterness filled him as he couldn't stop thinking about the words be could hear with his parents fighting.
"I want a divorce."
"You're an asswipe."
"Go to Hell."

How could people who loved each other do that? He growled and kicked the nearest brick wall on his left side.

It was some old womans abandonded shed so he didn't care when he saw that he had broken off a small piece of the brick.

He walked a few paced more until he was behind the shed and stopped.

Suddenly the sound of “Sara Smiles” came through his ears. He looked down at his phone and saw the picture of his boyfriend Oliver smiling as he iced cupcakes on his kitchen island a his house.

The Frenchman felt a need to answer it, and another part of him felt the bitterness inside his heart rise uo.
He had always thought the same thoughts whenever he dated someone.
"What if we end up like my parents?"
"What if I am the toxic one?"
"What if I hurt them?"
So he had sworn off dating mainly sticking to flings and one night stands.
Oliver was different though, he was a happy little ray of sunshine that Louis felt a need to protect.

And yet, he didn’t want to answer thr call of his lover. He wanted to be left alone, he wanted to be angry. He knew if he didn’t answer though that Oliver would worry.

He swiped the answer button.
“Hey.” He said
“Hello sweetheart!” Oliver said in his normally happy tone.
“What are you doing right now?”
Louis had perviously moved some bricks, and taken out his pack of cigarettes, taking one out he lit it all while in thought before the call.

He took an inhale of the comforting toxins and breathed out answering his loves question.

“Smoking.”
“Oh.” Oliver said he wanted to tell his partner how they both knew what smoking did to their bodies, the harm that it could be causing his lover for the rest of his life. Normally the scolding never worked but he knew a few ways to get his boyfriend to stop at one for the day.

“Would you like to come over?”
"NO." His mind screamed at him, and part of his heart as well.
“Is anyone home?” he asked
“No one but me.”

Louis sighed “Okay.”

The blonde arrived at his boyfriends house thirty minutes later. Oliver was waiting by the door, and brought the gruffier looking man into a bone crushing hug moments after the door was shut and his feet were over the threshold.

“Tell me what’s wrong poppet.”

Oliver said breaking away from the quick hug.
“What makes you think something was wrong?” Louis said glaring at the smaller teen.

“I heard faint yelling in the phone.”

“Why didn’t you ask me what it was then? For all you know it could’ve been wild sex.”

“All of the people in your neighborhood are to old for wild sex, and if you weren’t in your neighborhood you would’ve been closer to Allen, and he would have somehow spotted you and the two of you would have been doing something stupid when I called.”

“Jesus Christ.” Louis thought “I’ve fallen for Sherlock Fucking Holmes.”

“Just shit at home again ya know.” Louis said brushing it off.

“Do you want to stay the night?”
Louis shook his head.
“I’m not letting you wander the streets the entire night.” Oliver stated.
“I can handle myself.” Louis said aggravated.
“I know that but it’s cold tonight. Besides people have been going missing outside of town, and the people who have been taking them could come here!”
“Oliver.” Louis said coldly.

Any remark that Louis was going to say was cut off when Oliver pushed his lover against the previously closed door and began to kiss his slightly older partners mouth.

Louis at first tried to push the man away, but then let the shorter man kiss him. He gave a few hungry kisses back before the younger man pulled away.
“Trying to seduce me into staying?” Louis said with a smirk
“If it means I won’t have to worry about you for the night then yes.”
With that the pale freckled teen went back to kissing his lover, Louis joined in kissing back.
The two found their way to Oliver’s fluffy bedroom, where a challenge for November failed.

The two laid together in the sheets quietly after their fun. Louis was curled up to Oliver hoping to not fall asleep but it was hard with the younger playing with his hair.

These were the moments where Louis could let his guard down where he felt that he could say things and Oliver would hear him. He felt safe in these moments that he wouldn't be like his parents or anyone but himself.

Louis knew that Oliver was the one he could let hi walls down for. So he did no matter how hard he tried to keep things bottled up Oliver would find a way into his heart and make him confess like the sinner he felt he was.