Christmas Special

Many years ago when a Frenchman and an Englishman lived together with their children. Traditions were alive and warm within the house, and now they seemed very dead.
The children of the Frenchman and the Englishman had all moved out, and though they were use to the Christmases alone this year it seemed lonelier. So much so that the 2nd dimension Frenchman had pulled out old photos, and even some videos that had his children in it.
Though the tapes were from the 1990s their quality were pretty decent.

His husband who had just finished baking a Galette des Rois, came to sit by the blonde hair (that was now slowly turning grey) man.
Currently they were watching their children put their shoes by the heaters (since they had no fireplace), then the video shifted to where Ren, was helping Matt, and Michelle put up the nativity scene. Then it shifted to all of the (except Louis) to decorating the tree.
Then to Allen sneaking Christmas sweets in his sweatshirt pocket, and when seeing Louis with the camera he sheepishly smiled and offered a sweet to Louis (who excepted).
The two watched more footage throughout the night, Louis and Oliver both feeling that painful urge in their heart to have those moments back, just for a moment to relive that all. Oliver sniffled tears coming from his eyes as the two now were leaning back on the couch. Louis wiped away a stray tear when they saw Allen on the screen again, now older. It was his last Christmas before the car accident that killed him and his little sister Michelle.

Louis allowed himself to curl closer to his lover, there wasn’t a day that went by when the two didn’t think about their children. Oliver still made their favorite sweets for Christmas and they often went uneaten. Louis chuckled slightly.
“Remember that one year when Allen and Michelle both ate all of the cookie dough?”

Oliver groaned with a smile on his lips. “The rest of the kids were so upset that Santa wouldn’t have any.”
“I had to drive to the next town to get cookies.”
“And then back because they weren’t chocolate chip cookies.”
The two laughed about the memory.

“It was a good Christmas.” Louis said “The kids made me a lot of pictures of me being ‘super dad’.”

“You still have them in your office.”
“Remember that one year when Michelle got both one cup that said ‘#1 Dad’?”

“Oh she looked so pleased with herself.” Oliver laughed.
Soon the two stopped recanting memories of their children and sat in silence. They soon went to bed, awoken only once in the morning by the sound of their three other children coming home.

Oliver smiled at his husband as he squeezed his hand letting him know that it would be another great Christmas even if they didn’t have all of their kids with them.