Day 5: Job / Work

AN: I'm back!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Death was in his office, day dreaming, staring through the window with an blissful smile on his face. His chin rested on his palm and elbow propped on his desk.

Ever since their visit to Life's hospital, Geno have been noticeably more happy.

Their everyday meeting have become more enjoyable now that the happiness was no longer one sided. They would not only hold hands, but also share more deeper secrets and feelings for one another.

The bond between them grew stronger and deeper as the days passes by. They grew considerably close and comfortable with each other's presence.

Geno wouldn't admit it, but he was actually looking forward to their daily meeting. Everyday, he would excitedly go to work, eat some sweets during his break and eagerly waits for Death. Plus, he didn't have to worry about his bills anymore since he stopped purchasing Dr. Wingdings' expensive pills and other related treatment services, he has more money to spare.

It was like he was living a dream.

All his worries suddenly disappears. He enjoys going to work and socializing with random people. He hoped things stays like this forever.

Death wished for the same thing. He no longer felt the empty loneliness swallowing him whole. It was replaced by a warm blooming, fuzzy feeling in his chest that he could only assume was love. The thing he'd been searching for a long time.

It felt blissfully amazing. Highly addicting. Death couldn't stop thinking about him, trying to re-live the feelings of the glitched skeleton's presence.

The only time he felt lonely was when he's not with Geno. So, he used his imagination to satisfy his 'addiction'.

Death sighed contentedly. But then his thoughts drifted off to Geno's pill and Dr. Wingdings, who ever that person was. Death's light mood abruptly shifted to dark side.

He was irritated at this Wingdings person for fooling his innocent Geno. How could he do that?! He just deprived Geno of his favorite treats for how long? Years! And for what?

For a reason that Death couldn't come up with other than earning money. Greedy bastard. If he finds him, he'll send him straight to jail for malingering diagnosis.

*buzz buzz*

Death picked up his phone. "Hello?"

"Death, the test results of Geno's pills just came out and you wouldn't like it one bit." Dr. Life, or Tori, said from the other line.

"What is it?" He asked. He doesn't even know what it is yet and he already didn't like it.

"It's better if we talk about it in my office."

Death agreed and hang up. Gathering his belongings such as his badge, pistol and magic-suppressant gloves before hastily walking out the door and to his car.

A few minutes later, he arrived at the hospital, parked his car and slipped on his gloves. Tori would be mad at him if he accidentally killed one or two of her employees.

The young chief walked into the building and fortunately, the staffs were smart enough and well informed to keep their distance from him if they want to live.

Death went straight to Life's office, opening the door and immediately demands for answer.

Tori jumped from her seat, behind her desk, at the sudden loud voice. Death have never raised his voice before. Tori could only assume that Death was deeply concerned, for this matter involved Geno. How adorable.

Life offered him a seat as she picked up the fallen pieces of paper that she dropped when she was startled by the loud sound.

"Let me start by saying, this is highly unexpected..." Tori gestured to a paper which the results were printed. "and deeply concerning."

Death narrowed his eyes and listened intently as Tori re-read the prints as if she wanted to make sure that she's not mistaking.

"What is it?" What was in Geno's pills? What's wrong with it? Death wanted to know.

Tori proceeds with explaining as to what it was. She says it was made out of the essence of human soul and it temporarily gave an individual extra power by pushing their body beyond its limit. But it comes with a price.

After the effects subsided, the individual would end up too weak to move due exerting too much power or worse, die if one cannot handle the side effect. And in order to avoid the consequences, one must continue to take it.

F**k! No wonder why Geno collapsed when he forgot to take his pills. But Death he didn't have to worry about that happening to Geno again because Life already gave them an alternate solution for Geno's soul to gain more energy.

But what the f**k is that pills?

"It's an illegal drug."

Death stiffened in his seat. His eyes going wide as he process the newly acquired info.

What. The. Hell?!

How did Geno get a hold of that?!

The answer came at him in an instant.

Dr. Wingdings.

That son of a b**ch!

Death abruptly stood up and left. Fishing out his phone from his pocket and dialing his assistant's phone number. Death ordered the one on the other line to take all the files concerning the man smuggling illegal drugs to his desk in an instant.

Death quickly drove through the city, back to his station and went straight in his office. He dug through the folders, re-read the files with keen eyes and finally, connecting the dots.

The man who was smuggling illegal drugs was a doctor. He was using his patients as his subjects for his experiments. The patients has no idea that they were taking the illegal drugs.

Thanks to Geno, he was able to solve the case that has been going on for a long time.

No wonder this man was able to hide his identity from them for years.

Dr. Gaster Wingdings. A genius chemist and an inventor. The Mayor's best friend. With this background, no one would suspect a thing.

He was the one behind it all.

And his next victim is Geno.

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

AN: I really like a pissed off Death