Day 16: Something Sharp

AN: I'm 3 hours late, but I'm good.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The picnic went better than expected, especially if they were in a place so magical and full of life such as Toriel's garden. Geno wouldn't even call it a garden, it was a freaking rain forest. He didn't know there was such a place hidden in the middle of the city.

Unlike Death, Toriel's house was much simpler and cozy; the style and structure seemed to be the same as the modern homes except it were made entirely of bare and light-toned wood. Much like a log cabin, but way larger, surrounded by tall looming trees.

Around her house were filled with all sort of flowers in every shapes and color, butterflies freely flutter everywhere and crickets, birds, and bugs buzzing from behind the trees. It feels like a completely different world.

Geno asked if she ever showed it to the people outside, surely they'll be thrilled. But Toriel didn't like that idea. She explained that she did once, only for the people to trample over her plants, picked the flowers and carve names on her trees. Not only that, they litter everywhere. They destroyed her creations.

So she decided it would be better to protect it by building a tall fence, a wall wouldn't do for it blocks the wind and can be easily climbed over with a ladder.

This was how she was able to create and maintain her own perfect little paradise.

The rest of the day went on as Geno gladly explored the area with great interest. Growing up with weak health, he wasn't given much of a chance to enjoy the outside world. Being an adult wasn't any better.

Geno was pretty sure his life was going nowhere until he met Death. Geno was grateful for everything Death has ever done for him, although he couldn't exactly remember all of it. Of course, he was thankful for Toriel as well for giving him the chance to see her secret, magical garden.

At the end of the day, Death called Mr. Gilbert to come and pick them up. He wouldn't want to give Tori any more trouble.

The two skeleton monsters bid goodbye to their goat lady friend when their rides arrived and she even suggested for Geno to comeback. She does get lonely living alone.

The couple spends their evening talking about their great experiences in Toriel's garden, unaware of the time quickly passing by until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning came and Death still has a work to attend to. He gave Mr. Gilbert some specific instructions before leaving Geno in his care.

Not even a couple of hours without Death's presence by his side, he grew bored. Gazing through the giant arch windows, nothing interesting caught his attention.

Maybe he could take a walk? After all, he didn't get to finish the tour. He doubted Mr. Gilbert would give him the rest of the tour now that he knows a little about him.

So, with that thought, he'll explore the mansion himself. So what if he gets lost? Butlers and maids were all over the place and Death said he can ask them anything.

Without wasting another boring minute, Geno went and pulled open the surprisingly heavy door, but enough for him to slip through. He didn't bother closing it, it was too heavy. Plus, he'll be back anyway.

Taking a look around and taking in every detail of the ridiculously wide hallway. He walked slowly this time, taking his time, wanting to conserve his energy for long hours of walking around.