Day 29: Sleeping In

AN: I am back from the grave of disappointment! Seriously tho, I had the 'disappointed talk' from my bro and I'm still avoiding him as of now.

So...

Someone asked me how old are Geno and Death and I'm gonna answer that here so everyone can know, too.

They're around 23- 27 years old with Geno the younger, of course. 

One more thing, about that Tuesday-Friday update schedule? Yeah, forget about that. That's a horrible idea. I ended up procrastinating more.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death bangs his fists on the glass wall. The only thing that prevents him from leaving the empty white cell. He hit the solid glass for many, many times until his hands hurt. Until it was sore that he knew, for sure, it would leave a bruise. But a minor hand injury is the least of his worry.

He screamed for as loud as he can yet no sound made it through. He swears murder and threat but not a single word reach anybody. No one can hear him.

He bangs his fists against the glass, only able to make a dull thud. A sound so soft that could barely be heard. He needed something louder. Loud enough to cause a scene.

Except, he knew that was all he can do. There was a strong sense of urgency pushing him to get out of here and go to Geno but how can he when he's stuck in this stupid room.

He bangs his fists again on the glass wall one last time before resting his bruised forehead on the cool surface. He took in a shuddering breath and let it out as a sound which almost resembles a sob.

Geno needed his help. But he was unable to aid him because he was trapped. His magic, which was supposed to be the deadliest, was currently useless. He was the strongest. He was supposed to be there whenever Geno needed him but here he was, stuck, unable to even call out and voice his presence. He couldn't even do anything!

A real sob escaped his lips as he felt his eyes burned with the salty tears that emerged and rolls down his face. A heavy weight settling in his soul as guilt consumes his entire being. Guilt of not being able to keep his promise. The guilt of leading Geno here.

This wouldn't have happened if he weren't so stupid of not thinking this through. This was all his fault. If he only he wasn't such a prideful jerk thinking he can take on the enemy by himself.

Death cracks blurry eyes open only yelp in surprise and his own hands to instinctively pushed him back upon seeing someone's face so close to his from the other side of the glass. Causing him to land on his backside with an audible grunt as he hastily wipes the tears from his eyes with the heel of his palms.

After doing so, he looked up again and his soul leaped to his throat when he saw the very person he was so worried about. It was Geno. He escaped!

Death pushed himself up on his feet fast and pressed himself against the glass wall. A joyful, almost teary smile graced his lips before it instantly melted when he noticed something different.

Geno was staring at him. He was just staring at him, that's it. Something wasn't right. Geno was just standing there, staring at him with a wide, unblinking eye as if he was in some sort of stupor.