Day 15: Picnic

AN: Yes, I decided to continue this.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death decided it would be better to take Geno home. After all, the latter's apartment was secured until the investigations were done which would probably take at least a week.

Also, with Gaster still on the loose, letting Geno stay at a vulnerable place is a bad decision.

It scares Death to think that the enemy could easily get to Geno without much effort. Death took a mental note to take extra precaution and hire someone to guard the smaller skeleton. He knew he wouldn't always be there for the smaller.

Death drove the police car through the street with his assistant on the passenger seat and Geno on the back seat. It will take a while for Death to get over the incident and allow Geno to sit on the front passenger seat again.

Death clenched his jaw at the grim reminder, his hands gripping the steering wheel tighter as he focused his attention on the road. He won't make the same mistake again.

Geno had been silent. He's been meaning to ask Death what's going on and where they're going, but Death doesn't seem to be in the mood to talk. Not that Geno even ask him anything yet, but the taller one's facial expression was enough to tell him to back off.

Soon, they reached their destination. The police car stopped in front of huge metal gates guarded by buff men, both monsters and humans, in a formal suit. Once they were recognized, the gates opened. Granting them entrance and revealing an enormous, lavish home.

A three-story, Victorian Gothic style mansion with dark stone walls and arch windows framed with cream-colored marble. High towers with cone-shaped tiled roofs standing magnificently tall.

It reminds Geno much of a castle.

Death drove the car through the smooth cobblestone driveway and round the huge water fountain. He stopped the car in front of an enormous porch where maids and butlers were lined on either side of the marble steps.

Death turned off the engine, undid his seatbelt before stepping out of the vehicle. He was greeted by an old human with short gray hair and chevron styled mustache of the same color. He was wearing a black suit and the way he walked; straight posture and head held high, made Geno assume that this man might be the owner of the enormous, obviously expensive home.

He was proven wrong as the old man made a slight bow at Death.

Geno curiously watched their exchange from the window of the backseat. Although he couldn't hear anything, their stern and serious faces were more than enough for Geno to be worried about his mere presence in this place.

He thought about staying inside the car, but his plan was foiled before it was even executed as Death opened the backseat door and held out a hand to him expectantly. Obviously wanting him to step out of the vehicle, but the intimidating aura of the place overwhelms him and he meekly shook his head in refusal to Death's offer and backed away from the taller one's extended hand.

Death frowned seeing the other's scared reaction. He gave Geno a brief talk, assuring the other that there's nothing to worry about.

Geno was not convinced even a bit, but he trusted Death, therefore reluctantly taking the waiting hand and doing what the taller one wanted. Geno stepped out of the car.