Day 20: Making Up

AN: I have lost the will to edit. I'm weak when it comes to fluff.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death didn't know how long he stayed there. Hours? Or maybe minutes? Simply sitting there on the blood-soaked carpet-covered floor and gazing down on at the unconscious Geno lying on the couch.

His tears had dried and he had considerably calmed down. Now contently watching the smaller one breathe. Their faces were so close that, if not for the oxygen mask, they'd be feeling each other's warm breath.

Despite the blood splattered all around them, making the scene seem tragic, Death's state of mind was in peace. A small smile playing on his lips while gently stroking the other's skull. Although the devastating incident had left him completely drained, both mentally and emotionally.

It was a terrifying experience for Death. He had never thought he could lose Geno that soon. He nearly lost him once, and now it's happening again. It was as if something wanted to take Geno away from him.

Death let out a shallow sigh, his chin sinking deeper into the fluffy pillow that he and Geno shared. His eyes temporarily shifted up to the soul shard floating above them, pierced with the IV drip and pulsing with gentle magic.

It was a disturbing sight. A soul wasn't meant to be touched, much less pierced, as to what Tori had told him, but it was a desperate and foolishly reckless attempt to revive the small skeleton. It was a miracle that it worked.

Meanwhile, Toriel was on the other side of the coffee table, pacing back and forth with the phone pressed against her ear. Speaking to one of her employees with stern motherly voice, asking to deliver some medical supplies to her house.

Death had asked her if they should take Geno to her hospital, but she said they can't move Geno yet. The transport may risk stressing his already weak soul which could permanently end his life.

Death didn't dare go against her.

After the call, she briskly went out the door before shutting it behind her. Breathing in the fresh forest air as she tries to compose herself. Wiping away the remnants of tears in her ruby red eyes. Planting her hands on the porch banister and leaning on it, feeling her knees weakened under so much pressure, as she took a few deep breaths to calm her racing heart.

This type of occurrence shouldn't have this much effect on her. She's a doctor. People die in her hospital every day.

But it's a different story when the one dying was her personal friend. She had grown attached to the small skeleton as if he was her own child. She loved caring for him. He was so small and innocent that it rouses her motherly instincts.

After successfully regaining her composure and taking one last deep breath, she went back inside. Her eyes were instantly drawn to the red blood staining her couch and carpet.

"We should clean him up." she said and without waiting for the young chief's reply, she made her way deeper into her home; to the first door in the hallway. Retrieving a few necessary items such as towelettes and change of clothes. Setting the things down on the coffee table before disappearing into the kitchen.

Under the sink, she pulled out a small basin and filled it up halfway with warm water. She carried it back to her living room and placed it next to the towelettes which she dipped into it. Allowing the soft material to soak up the water before wringing it and hanging it on the edge of the basin.