Day 18: Taking Medicine

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death was fuming in anger as he briskly made his way back to his bedroom. He couldn't believe this was happening right under his nose.

He thought they were afraid of him. Apparently not enough as they seem to have the guts to do this. Death would've straight up murdered them right there and then, but his psychotic side wanted to hurt them more. Even more.

A simple and quick death was mercy, Death wanted to draw out their sufferings longer. He wanted them to feel his wrath. The pain. He wanted to push them to their limits until they break and beg for forgiveness. Or better, beg for death.

He wanted them to serve as an example to rest. To whoever will dare hurt Geno.

The young chief let out a puff of breath, letting out all those pent up frustration as his tensed shoulders visible loosened. Just in time for him to arrive at his destination.

He pushed the heavy doors open and saw Geno, still hadn't moved from his spot on the chair by the window.

Death's shoulders sagged even more at the sight, the guilt weighing down on him like a ton of bricks. How could he let this happen?

The young chief walked over to the smaller skeleton, who doesn't seem to notice his presence yet as he remained still in his position; hugging his legs and face buried on his knees.

"Geno?" Death called, his voice soft and gentle, and the said skeleton lifted his head to meet the other's concern filled gaze. "Are you okay?" the taller one asked as he knelt down in front of the sitting skeleton, gently cradling the glitched one's face in his bare hands.

Geno nodded before looking away.

"I'm so sorry." Death almost whispered, his voice laced with sorrow and evident guilt that made Geno look up at him, meeting his gaze again.

"It's not your fault." Geno quietly replied, his voice raspy and cracked from underuse, which only reminded Death of the smaller one's current condition. He must be thirsty.

"I'll take you to Tori now, okay?" Death said before standing up, backing up a bit to give the smaller one some space.

As a response, Geno nodded, released his legs from his hug and sets his feet down on the carpet-covered floor. He began putting pressure on it as he slowly straightened up, only for his knees to buckle under his weight.

Death cursed as he quickly acts to caught the smaller skeleton, who clung onto him for balance.

Worry filled Death as he gently lowered the other to the floor. Geno was too weak to even stand. A week without food was not a joke. He couldn't even imagine how could Geno still remain conscious after not having eaten for days straight.

Death's soul quivered in fear for the other. Geno was already weak enough as he is, how could Death be so careless? Death can only blame himself for letting this happen.

~~~~ 

Knock knock knock!

"Tori, are you there? Please open up! I need your help!"

Life perked up upon hearing her friend's distressed call. She sets down her book before standing up from her couch and hurrying to the door. Lifting the skirt of her dress so as not to trip as she made her way towards the front entrance of her house.