Day 25: Demand

AN: I'm back!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

The ear-piercing police sirens rang out the buzzing air of the busy city highway, overpowering the random cars' raging horns from impatient drivers stuck in the traffic and oblivious to the occurring event.

The police cars sped through the street, counter-flowing if that's necessary and finally arriving at the scene. They surround the area and block the scenes from outsiders with their own vehicles.

The moment Death arrived at the scene, the first thing he searched for was Geno. He saw the bodyguards he assigned to look out for Geno were keeping the three kidnappers down with the rifles he gave them.

On the other side, he saw one of the sleek cars he recently bought for Geno, too, was parked aside and a couple of bodyguards were on standby.

Death immediately dashed towards them as the policemen take over in properly arresting the kidnappers, who were surprisingly obediently allowed themselves to be taken away.

Death swiftly grabs the handle and swung the backseat door open. Sweet relief washes over him to see Geno was there, seemingly unharmed but busily wiping the tears falling from his face. The young chief immediately engulfed the smaller in a hug, thanking the stars that he's alright as the other sobs on the taller skeleton's shoulder. Clutching a fistful of the chief's uniform as if he's holding onto his life.

Then, Death noticed a small pile of ropes beside the smaller skeleton and felt a fresh wave fury welled inside him. They tied him up!?

Geno sobs, remembering the feeling of the cold muzzle of a gun pressed against his skull. It was a terrifying feeling knowing one tiny movement of the man's finger on the trigger and his head would be blown to pieces; permanently ending his life.

He was at the man's mercy. The man will decide if he will live or die and it was the scariest thing because it was the moment when he completely lost control of everything. At least when he tries to commit suicide, it was his choice to end his life. Unlike this, everything was going against his will and everyone was forcing him, tying him down, gagging him and incapacitating him that he couldn't do anything but whimper in fear.

He felt utterly helpless.

"Shh, you're safe now. I'm here." Death assured the smaller, his arms tightening around the other upon remembering the tragic incident that happened yesterday. It just happened yesterday and now someone tried to kidnap him. What's next?!

Death let out a frustrated sigh before pulling away. Taking Geno's hands and ushering him to step out of the vehicle but Geno refused to by resisting Death's gentle pulls and vigorously shaking his head. Too afraid to even talk as of the moment, but the message has been relayed. He'd rather stay inside where he's safe.

Death assured him that he only wanted him to ride with him in the police car. But Geno really didn't want to step out in the open again but when he saw his bodyguards lined themselves up behind Death, he gained more courage to do so. Or rather, he felt safer. Despite the men looking a little beaten up, bruised and bleeding but still standing nonetheless.

The smaller skeleton took Death's awaiting hand again and got off the back seat. Death led him straight to the police car while his bodyguards surround the two skeleton along the way and until they were inside the vehicle.

After that, they swiftly move to return to the two black sleek cars and drove to follow behind their boss. Leaving the scene and letting the police take care of the rest of the work.