Day 8: Cooking / Baking

AN: I edited the last chap because I'm disappointed that I didn't make Jaylee cry XD It's the same plot though.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

The ambulance came anyway.

When the operator failed to receive a response from the caller, they quickly tracked it down and sent immediate help.

The medic arrived right in time after Death had tucked Geno in bed. The young chief explained the situation and they went to check on Geno's condition.

He still has a small fever and his magic energy was extremely low compared to normal. So the medic hooked him in an IV drip that pumps magic in his small body.

Death decided to do what Geno wished, despite his instinct telling him not to, and denied the medic's suggestion to take the smaller skeleton to the hospital.

The medic left with only a simple advice of letting the sick skeleton get plenty of rest and keep him hydrated.

Death thanked them and closed the door.

*knock knock*

The young chief opened it again to see a human child, as well as the parents standing behind her, asking if their neighbor, Geno, was okay.

They said that they heard yelling and they got worried. Even more so when they saw the ambulance.

He informed them that Geno has quite a fever and currently sleeping, but assured them that everything's fine.

The human neighbors were glad and wished Geno to get well soon.

Death thanked them for their concern and they retreated to their own home. The young chief once again closed the door, locking it and went straight to the bedroom where Geno lies sleeping under the cover. A cold compress placed on his forehead. His face flushed as his breathing was slightly faster than normal.

Death sat on the edge of the bed, the mattress sinking on his weight, and gently held Geno's limp hand in his. His thumb grazing over the medical tape that's keeping the needle plunge into the back of the smaller skeleton's hand.

Death couldn't help but feel guilty. He shouldn't have left Geno on his own. He focused too much on his job. But in his defense, he was doing it to protect him. Clearly, it doesn't work well.

Another thing that's bothering him was the way Geno acted earlier. He was begging him to not take him to the hospital. Death could only assume that Geno had some unpleasant experiences in that place.

~~~~

Geno stirred in his sleep before cracking his eye open. He blearily looked around, trying to recognize the room he was in.

He was lying in his bed, comfortably warm, in his bedroom and questioning the lack of recent memories. He could faintly felt one of his hand was a bit... restrained.

He raised it in the air before him and found a band-aid on the back of his right hand and a tube disappearing underneath it. Following the narrow tube, he found the IV pole beside the bed where a bag of liquefied magic was hanging.

He doesn't remember ever owning one of these.

He sat up, the blanket pooling on his waist and revealing his attire. A beige turtleneck sweater made of soft cotton. He peeled the blanket off of him, showing the rest of his body and saw that he was wearing the same colored pair of pajamas.