Day 22: Hurt/Comfort

AN:   'sup?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death watched as a couple of sleek black cars drove off, taking his sweetheart with it to their destination. Although there was a hint of worry residing within his soul knowing that he wouldn't be able to look after Geno out there, but pushed it back down knowing the bodyguards he assigned to guard him were well informed of the situation; of the threat upon the smaller skeleton.

So they knew who to look out for.

Death trusted them. Not that by much, but if they were able to do their job, Death might put more trust in them. If they failed, well... let's just there will be some major consequences and their wages will be the least of their worries.

Speaking of failures, he might as well deal with the ones back at his mansion before he went to work. He hopped into the back seat of another sleek black car similar to the other two before and drove off to the opposite direction.

~~~~

The moment they stepped into the public establishment, Geno shrunk and instinctively hid behind one of his bodyguards as everyone's attention immediately snapped towards them. Some even lingering on the small skeleton and Geno can f*cking feel their gazes roaming all over his body and it's uncomfortable as hell.

This is exactly why Geno didn't want to take them with him. Everyone's eyes were on them. Correction: on him! As if trying to identify whoever he was and why he needed so many men to guard him. They probably thought he was someone special.

But he wasn't! Geno wished he could tell that to everyone so they can stop staring.

Meanwhile, his bodyguards didn't seem to mind the immense attention they receive as they proceed deeper inside the building. Guiding the smaller skeleton through and going straight to the meeting place. Their heads held proudly high and posture straight.

People make way for them wherever they go, some even snapping pictures and not to mention their stares. Stares that solely fixed on the madly blushing skeleton in the middle of the group.

This is humiliating, Geno thought to himself. Bowing his head low in shame as his arms instinctively went to wrap around himself. A coping mechanism. An unconscious move to comfort himself.

A nudge on his shoulder snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked up to see one of his guards at his side holding out his hands to him. Geno merely stared at it.

Seeing the confusion on the small skeleton's face, the guard bent down, then pried Geno's hand off and held it instead. Heat rose to Geno's face. He could only imagine that he looked like a child at the setup, but he couldn't bring himself to pull away. Instead, his grip tightened even more because it felt comforting.

At least one of them has the heart to comfort him.

They reached the meeting place, the indoor water fountain, but Sans was nowhere to be seen. Late as always. Geno went ahead and sat on the edge of the fountain, his dangling legs swaying back and forth in an attempt to occupy his mind as the guards stood around him in an 'at ease' stance much like the soldier's.

~~~~

Death arrived at his mansion and just like always, Mr. Gilbert was there, at the porch, to welcome him home.

The young chief entered his luxurious home followed by his loyal butler. It was noticeably empty; no other person was on sight aside from the skeleton and his butler.