Day 17: Arguing/Fighting

AN: welp, I enjoyed writing this one. I hope you enjoyed reading it, too.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The same things happen over and over again as the days go on living inside Death's mansion.

Geno would be served with purposely made awful foods every meal of the day. Of course, Geno had hoped that this cruel 'prank' would stop soon and gave the meal a try. Only to regret it so badly.

He turned to his pills to provide energy for his fragment of a soul. It was against his will to take it, Dr. Life made a clear warning not to. But it's not like he has a choice. Either force himself to eat the rotten meal or take the pill.

It wouldn't be so bad, right? After all, he's been taking these for years.

By the fourth days comes, Geno had lost his trust and just simply ignores the food he was served with. He had stopped eating altogether, but thanks to the pills, he was able to survive without food or water. Skeleton monsters don't really need those, they only need the energy they provide. And his pills provides plenty.

But he must be careful because if Death found out, he wouldn't like it.

Meanwhile, Death was worried. Mr. Gilbert had reported to him that Geno had barely touched his food these past few days.

Mr. Gilbert had said that the chefs had tried all sorts of dishes but Geno doesn't seem to want to eat any it. Mr. Gilbert was worried about Geno's health.

Death thought that maybe he was just lonely, but as much as he wants to spend some time with the smaller one, he can't. His work requires his attention. Gaster isn't the only criminal in the city.

But that doesn't give him an excuse as a boyfriend to ignore Geno's distress. Sometimes, he would sneak out of the office to check on the smaller skeleton.

The first thing he noticed was the drastic changes in Geno's behavior. He was unusually quiet, he rarely reacts to his teasing and flirting and always sleeping. Death knew something was deeply wrong, but Geno wouldn't tell him.

Death coaxed the other to leave the room once in a while, take a walk outside or maybe some fresh air would help. He didn't want Geno to think that he's being locked up in there. But Geno made a decision for himself to stay inside.

It took a lot of effort from Death to convince Geno to take a single step outside the said room and only because he used his private library as a bribe. Actually, he offered to take him to different kind of rooms but the library seems to peaked the smaller one's interest.

On the way there, Death couldn't help but noticed the way Geno would shy away from every maid they come across. As if almost afraid.

"What's wrong?" Death asked, but Geno would only give a quiet reply of "Nothing."

The library was large and void of any living presence, which means no one else was there. Well, it was private.

The change of scenery seems to have an instant effect on Geno as his eye lit up. Scanning the shelves that take up the entire wall and filled with sorts of books. Most of them, Geno noticed, were horror stories. Although some explored a different area of genre, the majority were horror stories.

On the nearby table, Geno noticed a small stack of books and Death explained that those were his favorites. He picked up the one on the top of the stack and gave Geno a brief description of the story. Death said that it was about the grim reaper, the god of death, who fell in love with a dying mortal.