Day 19: Close Call

AN: Are you ready?

Recap? Go back.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Have You LOST YOUR MIND?!" Death yelled, which causes Geno to flinch. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID?!" the taller skeleton raged as Geno pushed himself up on a sitting position and backed away from the seething skeleton.

"Death, that's enough!" Tori shouted in a futile attempt to stop the other.

"This is an illegal drug! Do you know that?!" Death fumed. Uncontrollably releasing his anger on the smaller skeleton.

"I-I-I'm s-sor-ry!" Geno stuttered out as he sniffed and hiccuped, tears streaming down his face as he kept backing away, but he was trapped in between the angry skeleton and the backrest of the couch.

"I DON'T CARE! This thing CAN Kill you!" Death kept yelling, gripping the medicine bottle tighter. "That's why I told not to take these anymore!".

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Geno apologized again and again. His arms over his head in an instinct to protect himself. His only eye clenched tight but tears never stop. "I'm sorry" he whimpered.

"You know better than to risk your life taking these drugs! You're smarter than that!"

"Enough, Death!" Tori's voice boomed from behind the young chief. "He didn't know it was an illegal drug!" she added.

Death's unwavering glare swiftly turned to the goat lady behind him, an ugly snarl on his lips as he turned to face the tall lady. "It doesn't matter if he knew what it is or not! He was warned! We told him! YOU told him not to take it But he DID anyway!"

A wave of irritation washed over Life when her friend raised his voice at her. Despite the rising anger, she managed to keep a levelheaded thinking. "He was fooled into thinking that that is a medicine that will help him survive! Of course, he'll disregard our warning if it means saving his own life!"

"There are other ways to do it than drugging himself!" Death countered in an instant.

"I had no choice!" Geno cut in, finally gathering enough courage to speak. Although his voice shook from the remnants of fear which only intensifies when Death sharply turned to him.

"YES, YOU DO!" Death shouted. "You could've told me! You could've told someone! Anyone! Why DIDN'T you?!" the taller skeleton harshly demanded, stepping closer to the couch where the smaller one sat. "There are tons of people in there and you didn't tell a single person! WHY?!"

Geno hesitated for a second, pursing his lips as if to prevent himself from speaking and hugging his legs tighter. "B-Because I don't want to." The small skeleton whispered audibly as he shifts his gaze away from the other.

Death was dumbfounded at the ridiculous response he received. "Are you STUPID?!" He yelled in utter annoyance, which made the smaller one wince at the intensity. Shrinking deeper into the blanket that was wrapped around himself as if the fabric would provide any form of protection from the taller one's raging fury. "You didn't tell anyone you're starving to death just because you're TOO SHY to talk to other people!?"

"DEATH!" Tori scolded from behind Death. But armed with only words, it was not enough to stop the fight right in front of her.

"It's because they don't like me!" Geno replied, tears once again starts forming on the brim of his eye socket and blurring the edge of his vision. He can already feel the daggers stabbing at his figurative heart at the mere reminder.