Day 7: Sick

AN: I don't know if you'll enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing this. :/

Update: I did a bit of editing because I wasn't satisfied. :P It's still the same plot though.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Death should've known it wasn't going to be that easy.

He and the rest of the police force have been working overtime gathering information and proof to be used against Gaster. Death had assigned a few secret agents to watch over the small clinic that Geno had told him about.

He assigned the lower level cop on daily patrol, they put checkpoints and random drug inspection on civilian. They monitored the streets through security cameras provided by the government.

Death was determined to capture Gaster before this mad chemist even got a chance to lay his filthy hand on his Geno.

But things don't always go as they planned as the research team reported to him that there were more clinics running under Gaster's name. And they were scattered all over the city. Sh*t!

How could Death let this situation grew this severe?!

Flopping down on his leather rolling chair, Death felt an incoming headache as he massage his forehead. The research team's report in his other hand, as well as the printed satellite image of the city with red circles indicating the location of each target clinic.

They're everywhere. They'll never be able to keep an eye on all of them.

Change of plan. Instead of offense, they'll play defense. They'll wait until Gaster makes his move and then proceed to stalk him until they find what they're looking for. An evidence.

Death placed the files in a folder and set it aside. Leaning back against his chair as he allowed his tired mind to rest.

His thought shifted to Geno. How long has it been since he visited him. Death had lost track of time. Three days? Four? Maybe even five?

Death had convinced himself that it was okay. That he was doing it to protect Geno.

It was still fairly early in the morning, but Death decided to pay the café a visit. He already kept Geno waiting long enough.

~~~~

"He's not here." Muffet informed solemnly from behind the cash register. Despite the noisy customers chattering in the background, Death heard her clearly. "I tried calling him but he's not answering." She added.

Death was out the door in an instant. Hopping into his car and driving straight to Geno's apartment. He tried calling him, but the café owner was right. Geno wasn't answering and it only intensifies Death's fear more.

He hoped this has nothing to do with Gaster.

He reached his destination, parked his car and bolted inside the building. Stepping into the elevator and cursing at it to go faster.

The elevator door opened and Death quickly stepped out and ran to the right door. Knocking on it and calling out to the glitched skeleton.

Still no answer. Oh no.

Death doesn't like this. He hoped Geno was alright

Grabbing a hold of the knob, Death's soul dropped when he twisted it and found it unlocked. Oh God no!