Day 24: Kidnapped

AN: I'm sorry for the wait!

First, everyone seems to forget that Death was exempted to the law when it comes to killing/murder. It was said in the first chapter but I guess no one remembers it now.

It was mainly because of his deadly magic. They can't really charge/jail him for accidentally touching someone.

I know what you're thinking. He didn't do it on accident.

Because Death never shared this piece of information. The police thought he was exempted to the law if, and only if, he uses his deadly magic on someone.

But Death shoots his workers with a gun, you said? Not magic.

Yes, but NobOdY KnOwS tHaT.

.

.

.

.

Enjoy!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A white van drove along the relatively empty street of AfterTale, steadily driving past the two black sleek cars parked in front of a beaten up and old apartment building before slowing to a stop and parked a few meters in front of it.

The loud buzzing sound died down indicating the engine being turned off, allowing the silence to settle back but oddly enough, no one steps out of the vehicle.

~~~

Geno was carried down the building, leaving the apartment unlocked and unattended. There's no point in securing the empty room. Everything's gone anyway. The worse thing that could happen to it was vandalism.

But then, who really cares? They were sure Geno was going to live in the mansion sooner or later. It was obvious their boss wouldn't let him go. Being the only person immune to his deadly magic and all.

The ride in the elevator was quiet, nothing but the already quiet sobs of the glitched skeleton curled up in the arms of one of his bodyguards.

A soft dinging sound rang out, indicating they have reached the ground floor and the doors parted. Allowing them through but keeping their formation around the small skeleton as they went for the exit.

The moment they stepped out, a loud and rough rolling sound was heard as the door of the van slides open. Five buff men with ski masks over their heads, armed with assault rifles, jump out of the vehicle and immediately fired at the other group.

"Get down!" One of the guards called and they quickly ran back inside the building but didn't have enough time to go for cover before a round of shots were fired at them.

There was a deafening rattling roar, followed by a high pitch crashing noise as the glasses on the windows were shattered. The guards quickly ducks on the floor, three of them piling over the small skeleton to protect him with their own bodies.

The bullets whizzing through the air and embedding itself on the concrete walls, tearing the furniture apart and scattering the papers on the receptionist desk from across the lobby.

Geno clamped his hands over his ears and curls up from underneath his guards. Why were they shooting at them?!

The firing stops soon. They're reloading.

The guards took this as an opportunity and quickly scrambled up on their feet. They went for cover as the firing immediately resumes. They separate into smaller groups with the majority (consisting of four) sticks with the small skeleton. They jumped over the counter and quickly ducks behind it, closely dodging the bullets that flew past their heads.