Part 19

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

(Play song to feel mood)

Izuku had had enough. He walked toward the front gate of the mansion. He got Ben's address from Paige. He hadn't shown his face once at the lab. It had been another week past. Training with his friends then going to the lab. He'd decided to lay low on the Spider-Man work. Not wanting to draw attention to himself. He'd failed to come up with a proper idea without Ben. He needed Ben to help and he was sick of him having to go do all the work and Ben sitting back and doing Lord knows what.

He walked over to the black gate with a snarl. He saw the speaker and pressed the button before speaking. "Ben! Open up!" He yelled into it and the machine crackled. "Izuku, leave me" he said sounding broken. "Ben! I'm not playing any games. Open up now" he said. "No" was all that came through. Izuku looked at the black gate with his anger sky rocketing. He walked over to it and forced it open. He began to walk toward the mansion. Suddenly a ball with a screen moved by him. "Izuku what the hell!" Ben yelled on the screen. "I'm not playing any games Ben! We're gonna work on this project together" he said without looking at the screen.

So he didn't notice how Ben's condition looked. Ben seemed like he was coming down with something. Eyes with bags, skin pale, lips chapped and in a bathrobe. "Fine! Come on in" Ben said and the ball flew off.

Ben looked at himself and felt irritated. Before walking into his library and picked up a bottle of whiskey on his way there. "Damned kid" he said as he arrived in the library and sat down on the chair in the middle of the library and grabbed a glass cup and drank as he waited for Izuku.

Izuku walked over to the front door and it immediately unlocked. As he walked in, he saw balloons and confetti everywhere. A bunch of rotten and smelly food on a table and he had to cover his nose from the smell. Then his spidey sense went off as he slipped on something. He flipped backwards and landed crouched. He looked at what he slipped on and saw melted ice cream. "Ben..." He said as he started to fit the pieces together.

He began to walk around the mansion and finally found him in the library. Drinking straight from a bottle of whiskey. "Ben..." He said and pointed behind him. "Were you planning on having a party for us for finishing the Nanobots after the presentation?" Izuku asked with sad eyes. Ben looked straight at him. Confirming his answer.

Izuku sighed as all his anger disappeared. He stared at Ben and realised how broken he must have been from this. "That, was my best achievement Izuku, and it got swept aside like day old Noddles" Ben said as he placed the down empty bottle next to the chair. Izuku fully walked into the library and looked around. It was a cylindrical library. Going up in a spiral formation with books littered on the shelves everywhere you looked. And Ben's chair, smack in the middle of it all.

"Hey, you wanna know why I hated you when you first arrived at Nara labs?" Ben asked as he spun around in the chair. Izuku looked at him, his eyes filled with curiosity. He was now interested in what Ben had to say. "It's because you reminded me...of myself" he said as Izuku stepped forward and suddenly something shifted. The ground stared moving up to higher shelves and it was taking him and Ben will it. Then it stopped and Ben grabbed a photo book. He looked at the old photo of him as a child in a lab coat. He smiled solemnly at it.

"I had a dream Izuku, a dream to save the world. But, that dream got crushed when I got told I was quirkless" he said and Izuku felt a pang at his heart. Knowing the pain himself. He gripped his heart and looked at his feet as the memory flooded back. Hitting him like a tsunami. "So, I decided to help people in other ways. And I stumbled upon science. So I devoted myself to it. I worked hard, and here I am" he said and looked up at the light coming from the top. "But, that's not so bad" Izuku said and Ben snapped.