Prologue

A 7 year old Yang is wandering around a forest with a 4 year old Ruby who is sleeping on a small wagon. Yang decided to go out to search for her mother.

She keep searching and searching for a while now until she realized that she and Ruby became lost. Feeling scared, she saw an abandoned house and decided to stay there for a while.

But she didn't expect that a Beowolf had appeared in front of her and growled.

She then freaked out and started running away with Ruby on the wagon who started to go awake but the Grimm suddenly clawed the wagon making Ruby splash away but Yang caught her. Many Beowolves then arrived and watched the two intently.

Ruby realize that there are Grimm in front of them so she hugged her sister tightly and buried her head on her chest.

The two of them just sit on the dirt ready to be slaughtered by the Grimm. The Beowolf then jumped and was about to kill them but it was stopped by a large sword stabbing it.

Qrow Branwen, the uncle of Yang and Ruby had arrived to save them. He then fought with the Grimm until in the end, he is victorious.

He went towards his nieces and took them home safely. Their father, Taiyang Xiao Long was worried sick about them and thank Qrow. He then left leaving the three as they go inside their house, but what Yang receive is a slap across the face, sending her to the floor with a red hand print on her left cheek. Ruby looks shock seeing this and went towards her sister.

"Do you even realize what you just did?!" Tai started.

"I..... I'm sorry..." She said.

"You could've been killed by now if it wasn't for Qrow! You've even dragged Ruby into this!"

"Daddy! Don't yell at Yang! She did nothing wrong!" Ruby yelled as she hug her sister.

"You dare yell at me?" He then proceeds to slap Ruby causing her eyes to water.

Yang saw this and got angry.

"Don't you hurt my sister you jerk!"

"Now don't yell back at me, or you will also receive a slap!"

"You're no good person!"

Tai then snapped and grabbed Yang on her shirt and dragged her to her room and then started to lecture her.

Screams of agony can be heard through out the house but not outside as Ruby cries and hugs her knees while she listens to the cries of her sister.

"Stop........"

Two Years Later

Ruby and Yang are hugging each other tightly in Yang's room as they hear footsteps coming from outside the room.

Yang has more bruises than Ruby due to her always getting the beatings. Their stomachs growled in hunger but there's nothing they could do about it.

"Y-Yang? When will we get out of here?" Ruby ask with fear in her voice.

"I don't know sis..... Let's just wait for a chance...."

The door then slams open revealing a furious Tai.

"You two, go clean the house or else."

They didn't move an inch and instead they hug each other tightly as Tai form a frown on his face.

"Are you gonna clean or what?" He said getting impatient.

"No! We don't want to serve you anymore! Leave us a-"