Chapter 2: Old Friends Reunited

Y/N's POV

I look at them with a smile as they stayed in position after what I said to them.

"Are you two alright?" I ask a little concern.

A second later, their arms were wrapped around my torso as they cry in joy. I chuckle at this and hug back. Seconds passed and we separated, I wiped their tears and Ruby ask.

"If you adopted us..... That's mean you are our new daddy?"

"Yes." I simply said and Ruby started cheering around.

"I have a new daddy! Yay!" I stand up and to at the time to see it is almost night.

"Alright, I'll go make dinner and tomorrow we'll go out and buy some stuff for you two."

"Okay!" The two of them run to the living room while I went upstairs and put the folder on my desk then got back down to the kitchen.

Half an hour later, I finally finished cooking and grab some plates and forks then placed on the table. I call for the two and they soon appear on their seats. We started eating and after that I washed the dishes and bathe Ruby and Yang.

As I see them laugh, I thought that they had forgotten about their past that quick. But I slipped that thought off and continue to wash them up and dry them.

After all that, I took them to my bedroom and put them to sleep. I sit on the side of my bed and my hand reach my hair and sigh.

"Didn't know taking care of kids can be a difficult job."

I then stand up and walk out of my bedroom to the living room to watch TV. Nothing much has happened right now, so it's quite boring. I close the TV and closed my eyes and started to drift of to sleep.

Yang's POV

My eyes shot open and sit up as I pant. I suddenly felt scared for my life when I had that nightmare again.

I look to my side to see Ruby sleeping peacefully. I remove the blanket and got off of bed and headed out the room. The hall is pretty dark so I feel a little unsettled. There's a light downstairs so I follow it, eventually reaching the stairs. My feet stepped on each stair until I reach the first floor.

The first floor is rather silent and the only thing I can hear are crickets from outside the house. I enter the living room to see my new dad sleeping on the couch. I approach him and climb on the couch and hug him. Minutes later, I fall asleep smiling.

The next day

Y/N's POV

I woke up and groan to myself. My eyes slowly open as I blink, I tried to move but felt something beside me. I look down and see Yang sleeping soundly.

Sighing, I slowly move her away from me and got up then let her lay down on the couch with my coat covering her as a blanket.

I walk to the kitchen to make breakfast while thinking of how my life will be now that I have two daughters.

After cooking, I place them on the plates and started eating mine. Yang enters the kitchen rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Good morning."

"Good morning mister- I mean um dad." She said.

"Heh, still not used to it?"

"I think so."

"That doesn't matter, you should eat now. Ruby will be up soon."

"Okay." She walk towards the ta me and sit beside me.