Chapter 9: Love At Second Sight

Ruby's POV

Me, Yang and uncle Qrow are in Hale's backyard as me and my sister stand I will be front of our uncle. Confused as to why we are here.

"So uncle Qrow, why are we here again?" Yang ask.

"We're here to let me ask you two something." He said.

He kneels down in front of me and give us a small smile.

"How would you like to let me teach you how to fight?" He questioned.

We stand there in disbelief. Until I started squealing and hugged uncle Qrow.

"Yes! Teach us! I want to fight!" I said.

"Me too!" Yang joins.

"Alright, alright. I'll teach you two on how to use weapons firsts." He said.

"But we don't have weapons." I said.

"I know but you both can use these toys for now." He states.

He stands up and grabs the box near the door and walk back to us. I open the box and me and Yang both look in awe.

Inside the box are toy versions of a gauntlets, sword, spear, rifle and a scythe.

"You can pick the desired weapon you want. But only one, though." He said.

I grab the scryte and look at it, amazed. Yang then grabs the gauntlets and wears it.

"I wanna punch stuff with these!" She said joyfully.

"Hehe, you'll get to do that soon. Now let's start the training." He said.

John's POV

I stand on a roof top of a random building in Vale, looking out at the scene below me. The group of faunus commonly known as the White Fang are rallying and yelling about their wanted equality. The policemen were blocking their path as some humans who are a bunch of garbage verbally abuse them. Some of them even started throwing trash at the faunus making me irritated.

"What's even their problem with the faunus? I just don't get these ignorant humans..." A familiar voice said.

I look back and see one of the closest people I used to be with.

"Karra, I hadn't seen you in a long time!" I said happily.

Standing up, I hugged her happily as she hugs back. We separated seconds later and we both smile. Karra Oliver is one of my team mates back in Beacon, she's the only female and faunus in our team. She is brave and sometimes arrogant back then. Her appearance may be like any other human, but the difference is that she has fairly small wings that she is only capable to glide.

With her being a parrot faunus, her wings have the color green at the end to where it is attached to her back and the color slowly turns yellow at the other end.

"So how did you manage to find me?" I ask.

"Hm, I heard that the White Fang are having a rally here. So I decided to check out how it is." She answered.

"Aren't you going to support them?"

"Nah, it's just a waste of my time. If I'm allowed to lecture those filthy humans I would gladly do so. But, I have some responsibilities." She said sitting on the ledge.

I sit beside her and just watch the crowd.

"I heard what happen with Taiyang and his daughters. Did Y/N really adopted them?" Karra questioned.