Chapter 11: Deal

Yang's POV

"Hello there, little Yang." A voice said as I stand in the middle of darkness.

"W-what.......... who's there?"

"There's no need for you to know who I am. Tell me, has your father Y/N been doing something.... suspicious?" Someone said.

"What do you mean by that? Show yourself." I said as my hands started to shake.

"It is nothing, you don't have to fear me. After all, me and your father are old pals."

"Pals?" I stated.

"Yes, pals. Me and him were partners, fighting side by side as we defeat every single enemy." It said.

"Really? That's cool." I finally started to calm down.

"Oh it is cool. I only brought you here to ask you a deal, is it alright?"

"Uhmm okay, but I'm not sure if I can do it."

"Don't worry, I won't be asking you to do a difficult job. All I need is for you to fetch me a book that has a lock and purple markings on it."

Out of no where, a book with a lock and purple markings on the cover of the book appeared in front of me. My hand was about to touch it but it soon faded.

"What is that for?"

"It's just a book that I lost in your father's home years ago. Don't tell him about this okay? Also you can take your time to look for it, I don't mind waiting for years." They said.

"What happens if I don't find it?" I ask.

"Then things will turn in a bad way. So you must find it to prevent those you don't want to happen. If you really manage to find it, I'll visit you in your dreams again and reward you." They stated.

"Reward? Like what?" I ask.

"You know, like I'll grant you a wish. Any wish, but only one. How's that sound?"

I didn't answer them for a moment due to thinking if I should accept the deal or not. Then, I look around only to still see the darkness nodded.

"Okay, I'll accept the deal." I said.

I then heard them chuckle and suddenly I was startled by a purple, smoke-like hand appearing in front of me.

"Good choice you're making, little Yang. I hope you find the book and you'll get your wish." They stated.

I hesitantly reach my hand to the it but soon shake hands with it.

"Don't let me down,

û̡͆ͤ̽̊͘͜͞҉n̨͔̤̩͎ͩ̋͏̴l̸̴͕̰̱̦̈̊͒ͥͥ̀͏i̺̤ͦͧ̀k̶̦͔͇ͭe̴̝̣̜͑ͩͧ͋͒̇͠ ̡̍ͨ͗ͬ̄̍w̢̧̧̞̯̩̖̼̄̾̿ͫ͟͡͞h̶̨̭̱̀ͤ̈́ͥ̕ậ̷̈́͘͟͞͡t̶̷̴̯̬̰̺̪ͯ̎͒̍͗͘͢ͅ ̸̷̵̡̧̌̀Y̤͂͊͊̎͋ͤ͏̵̀̕͝͠/̾̉͗͒͐ͪ͘͟͢N̴̨̘̩͚̻ͨ͜ ̨̡̀͞͡ḍ̮̦̞̲̳̍̃i͆̏͛̑̀d̸̴̵̨͙̘͒ͩ͠͠ ̭̤̖͍̺͕̎ͤ͋ͪ̉̚t̶͔͈̠̥̮̎̓ͩ̏ǫ̶̶̡̞̘͓̬̪̯̓̿̎ͨ͐̈͘͟ ̣̘͖̯̗̀͝m̢̧̢ͬͮ̿̇ͮ́͟ḛ͟͟͞.̧̡̳͚̗͓̲͌̏͑͆̈́ ̷̼̫̝̰̀͋͂̅͌̒"

I didn't understand a word they said just now. Even though I made a deal with someone I don't know, made me think if what I'm doing is right. My vision started to go white.

........................

"Aaah! Oh...." I said waking up from my sleep.

I look around to myself in my bed. To my side is Ruby still sleeping peacefully, then I gazed at the clock to see its only 7am. I got out of bed then rub my eyes and stretch. When I came out of our room, the whole house was quiet. My feet drag me down the stairs and to the first floor. No one is here but me and Ruby. Where is dad?

In the living room, not a single person but me is present. I started to wonder where dad could've gone to. I move to the kitchen and saw no one was there too, but on the table there are to plates full of food and a note.

I grab the note and started to read it aloud.

"I'm on a mission at the moment and I'll be back in the afternoon. Be sure to eat breakfast and I'm sure you both can cook lunch. Y/N."

I put the note aside and went back upstairs to our room and woke up Ruby. The two of us ate lunch together and bathe, then just do whatever we want while we wait for the time to cook lunch. I went to the bookshelf and grab a book then sat on the couch. The book looks simple and the title is imprinted on the cover.

"(The Wielder And The Cursed Book. Sounds like a good book for me.)" I thought.

I open the book and read the first page. The first parts tells about how the cursed book is a forbidden item that if you're not the chosen one but layed a finger on the book, you will be cursed for eternity until you passed away. It then says that the book contains many spells of dark or black magic and other than that inside the book, a demon awaits for its wielder. The story continues as the current wielder uses the book to fight for peace.

After reading a quarter of all the pages, I realized that it's time for me to cook lunch. I put away the book and walk in to the kitchen.

"Yang! Do you need my help?" Ruby suddenly ask me.

"Uhm, sure. How about you peel those vegetables." I pointed at the various kinds of veggies that I prepared.

"Okay! The great Ruby can handle this job with ease!" She said proudly.

I smile at her adorable self and continue to do what I'm doing.

Karra's POV

Inside of Arthur's house, I was in the living room sitting on the couch while hugging Haile very tightly.

"Ohhh, aren't you just the cutest thing in Remnant!!" I joyfully stated as I kept hugging her.

"You're hugging me too tight! Can't... breathe..... properly!" Haile struggles to say that.

"Okay I had enough. Sorry I went too far I just couldn't help it!" I said not noticing my wings are flapping.

I let go of her and soon Arthur with a tray of two cups and a teapot.

"I sure do get many visitors this month. Anyway what brings you here, Karra?" He said then placed down the tray on the coffee table.

"Just wanted drop by since I'm on a day off this week. Where's Linda?" I ask.

"Grocery shopping. We didn't realize we've already ran out of them." He poured each cup with tea and hands me one.

"Speaking of groceries, I also need to go shopping this afternoon. How is Y/N doing right now?" I tool a sip on the tea.

"He's been doing his job while taking care of two young girls so he's fine. That's how our responsible leader is." He retorted sipping on his tea.

"That's good. How about the book?" I ask in a serious tone.

He placed down his cup and looks at Haile causing me to look at her as well.

"Haile, can you play upstairs in your room? Me and your aunt Karra are discussing some important things." He said to her.

She stands up from the carpet, holding her teddy bear then suddenly saluted which made me confused.

"Sir, yes sir!" She said.

I giggle in response, seeing as how cute she did that. She then went upstairs, leaving me and Arthur alone in the living room.

"I don't know where it is, but Y/N told me he hid it somewhere away from anyone four years ago. I just wanted to know why did he used that spell." Arthur sigh.

"He probably has a good reason that's why he did it. From that book I read back then, Y/N is the first one to use that spell." I said.

"I know. I think I have a feeling that we need to find it and purify that book." He said.

"We should really find it. We'll discuss about this in another day, I still have to buy groceries. Thanks for the tea by the way." I stand up and place the cup down.

I made my way towards the front door and open it, I wave my hand at Arthur and got out before closing it.

"Now what should I buy first?"