Chapter 12: Normal Day

Y/N's POV

When will this even end. The man in front of me who is my target in my mission pointed a gun at me, whilst taking a step back. I sigh first before I draw my dagger and pointed it at him as well as I keep my calm expression at him.

"Put that away! I'll shoot!" The man yelled.

"And I'll throw, you probably can't put a bullet in me before you get injured better yet, killed." I said.

"Look, I'll give you anything I have! My money, my accessories! Anything!" He said.

"Anything huh?"

"Yes! Anything."

"Okay then, choose on either one. Your freedom, or your life." I said to him.

"What kind of b******* is that?!" He yelled.

"You said you can give me anything, so you have to choose on one of them. So, you'll give me your freedom? Or your life?"

He paused for a moment, he started shaking obvious by him holding the gun and starts to sweat. From my view, I think he is about to shoot but he suddenly throws away the gun and knelt down, with his arms raised.

"Good choice. I wouldn't want to take someone's life for this reason that the police can't even solve." I grab the handcuffs that one of the police gave me and cuffed the man.

After all that drama, I brought the criminal to the officers and received my payment then left. As I walk by the streets heading to a bullhead, my scroll started to vibrate. I grab it from my pocket and look at the contact, pressing the accept call I put my scroll beside my ear.

"Didn't know you'll call, Qrow. What's the reason?"

"Hey can I ask do you know has Tai been? I visited his home to talk to him but he seems to be nowhere here." He ask.

My grip on my scroll tighten from hearing his name.

"Why would I know where has he been? I don't care a single bit about him. Why do you want to talk to him anyway?" I ask him.

"Just some important matters, about what he did nieces."

"Don't, just leave him be. If he ever tries to do something funny I'll deal with it." I said.

"Augh, fine. But you're not the only one who'll be handling it. Gotta go now." He then hang up.

I put my scroll back in my pocket and look at my watch. The time show that it's now 2 in the afternoon. I decided to hurry back home but before that I have to go get something. I went inside a bullhead and stop in a town in Vale near a forest. I then got out of the bullhead and walk deep in the forest, then stopped in front of a small field of flowers.

This place, for some reason has been safe for 4 years now. Not a single Grimm has entered the place so people are safe to visit here. I then knelt down and grab a dandelion flower and a lily before I head back in the down and going home.

I finally arrived in the house and enter the living room then put the two flowers that I picked in the flower vase with the other flowers.

The whole house was quiet so I wonder, what are the two doing at the moment? I started to walk up the stairs until I reached the second floor, then I made my way to the girls' room and knock on the door.

"Dad? You're home now?" Yang's voice came from the other side.

"I am, so I just want to give my daughters a hug." I said.

In a second, I could already hear rapid footsteps and the door opening as the two hugged me. I hugged back and smile at them.

"We miss you daddy!" Ruby said.

"I'm only out for a few hours." I rubbed her head.

"But still! Me and Yang are lonely when you're not here." She said.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry you both have to wait." I said to them.

"It's okay, as long as you're here now we're happy." Yang smiles at me.

"So what do you want do to now?" I ask.

"Oh! Oh! Let's draw! Come on, I wanna see how you draw!" Ruby then pulled me and Yang inside the room and place some papers and art materials on the floor.

"(She is just too cute and hyper.)"

We spent our time drawing various things and places until it's time for me to prepare supper and get ready for bed.

Timeskip

After I put Yang and Ruby in bed, I gave them a kiss goodnight on their foreheads and exited the room. I changed into my sleeping attire and sat on my own bed. Since I still can't sleep, I grab the book called The Wielder And The Cursed Book.

I started reading halfway through the book to continue from where I Iast read and gathered some information. After reading the book for a few minutes, something in the book caught my attention. From my point of view, it seems to be a list of the past wielders. It even showed some dates from when they started wielding the book, though only 5 of them were show with a date. Then the last name caught my attention, the name Charlie Lopez was the last wielder and the date shown that he stopped wielding it 13 years ago.

"(That name.... I've heard it somewhere but I can't quite remember.)"

My thoughts were cut off by the door creaking. I look at the door and saw Ruby standing there, holding the stuffed animal that I bought for her.

"Is there something you need?" I said closing the book and putting it in my drawer.

"I can't sleep, I'm dreaming those bad dreams again..." She said with a tint of fear and sadness in her voice.

"It's okay, you can sleep here with me." I said patting the mattress.

She quickly climbs up the bed and lie down. I then lie down as well and cover ourselves with the blanket. Ruby face me and hug me with her stuffed animal between us.

"Good night daddy." She said softly.

"Good night Ruby."

"Love you...." She then drifted off to sleep.

I smile at her and finally sleep as well.

"(I'll just deal with the book later)"

.........................

What is this place? Where am I? Why am I here?

I suddenly appear inside a familiar forest, everything around me was destroyed. Some trees are in fire, and Grimm were everywhere in the place. Then a familiar figure was standing in the ditance and then, the person on the ground was...

"S-Summer?"