Chapter 13: Argument

Y/N's POV

"S-Summer?" I stuttered to say her name.

I stood in front of a corpse yht belongs to one of my dearest friends, Summer Rose. The figure who was a few meters away from us was the demon, the being that was trapped in that cursed book.

"That's what happens when you use that spell. Your curse will forever be your bad luck." The demon spoke at me.

"Summer, please wake up." I kneel down and started to nudge her.

But to no avail she won't move. My eyes widen as I only remain knelling in front of her with my arms hanging by my sides.

"No...... It can't be..."

The demon then let out a dark chuckle then he raised his arm forming a ball of dark energy.

".......But I can end your curse by ending your life. Then you won't have to mourn in front of your loved ones' corpses anymore!"

I slowly stand up and look at the demon with wrath. I grip on my dagger and boost myself up with my semblance.

"I'll..... I'll put you back where you belong!"

"You fool!"

......................

I immediately open my eyes and gasp when I sit up from my bed. My breathing quickened but it soon started to go back to normal. Sighing, I look to my side to see Ruby sleeping while hugging her stuffed animal.

Remembering that memory made me guilty. I couldn't even protect my adopted daughter's biological mother. She started to open her eyes and looks at me then gave me a smile.

"Good morning daddy." She adorably said.

"Good morning to you too, Rubes." I gently rub her head.

She sits up from the bed and stretched her arms, she got off the bed and looks at me.

"I'll go wake Yang up." She happily said then walks out off the room with a smile.

"I guess she slept well." I whisper to myself.

I look at my hands and saw something off. Both of the back of my hands have black crests on it. I didn't remember of having this so it just leaves one thing.

"(It's going to happen to me again real soon...)"

I then got out of the bed as well and went to the bathroom to get showered. After that, I wore my attire and began preparing breakfast for the three of us. When I finished cooking, I put the food on each plate and soon we started eating. Since it's Sunday today, I remembered that I have a date with Raven, so I grab my scroll and texted her.

"Who you're texting to dad?" Yang ask.

"Just some.... acquaintance of mine." I lied.

"Oh.." She said then soon began eating again.

"(I rather not tell about Raven right now.)"

After a few minutes, I received a message from Raven and the reply is that she was busy. I guess the date won't be happening right now. But then I received a message from Ozpin that he wanted me to visit him due to some important matters.

Sighing, I think if I should really go there or just decline and stay here with my daughters. But then again, Ozpin wouldn't be messaging me if there's nothing important.

I look at the two girls and saw them finally finished eating. They got off their seats and put the plates on the kitchen counter. Probably I have to bring them there since I don't want to rely on Arthur on watching them again.