Chapter 4: Overprotective Uncle

Y/N's POV

I open my eyes and rub it only to see myself sitting on the floor with my head and arms resting on a bed.

I look around and see the bedroom that I cleaned last night. My head started hurting so I hold it.

"Ugh..... Guess working too much can cause me such a pain."

I stand up from the floor and walk out of the room until I reach the kitchen. I look at the time and it is only 7:30. I then started cooking breakfast for Ruby and Yang and after that, the both of them entered the kitchen.

We greet each other and the two of them started eating. I went to the living room and sit down on the couch and closed my eyes for a while.

While my eyes still closed, I could hear some clanking sounds from the kitchen but ignored it. Minutes later, I could feel some tugging me so I open my eyes and saw Ruby tugging my sleeve.

"What is it Ruby?"

"Daddy? Why do you look so pale?"

"I do? Oh, sorry. I'm just tired and didn't get enough sleep. But don't worry."

"You should sleep."

"No, I still have to clean the dishes."

"Yang is already cleaning them."

"Tell her to stop cleaning. I'll clean them myself."

"Nope! You will be lying on the couch, sleeping! And you can't make me!"

"Oh yes I will." I then stand up and carry her making her laugh.

"Hahah! You're cheating!"

"No I'm not. Now let's go to the kitchen and help your sister clean."

I carry her all the way to the kitchen and saw Yang standing on a stool as she wash the dishes. I put Ruby beside her and the three of us happily clean dishes.

"Now that's all done, you two go take a shower. You guys are stinking." I joked.

"What? We don't smell bad! You're lying." Yang retorted.

"Just go to the bathroom and clean yourselves up. Or else I won't let you take a shower for 2 days."

They then rush upstairs to get their towels and came back down and enter the bathroom. I chuckle at this and rearrange the furnitures in the living room. After the two of them took a shower, it was now my turn. As I wash my hair, I started to think about how should I explain it all to Qrow.

Few minutes later, I was finally done showering and dry myself up and getting dressed. Wearing my watch, I look at it to see its only been 2 hours that had passed.

I enter in the living room again only to see Ruby and Yang watching TV.

"Yang, Ruby." I called them out.

They then gaze at me with a concern face.

"What is it, dad?" Yang ask.

"Follow me, I have a gift for you two." I said with a small smile curved on my lips.

They got off the couch and went towards me. The three of us walk upstairs and stand I was front of a door.

"Here it is, I hope you like it." I open the door wide and let them enter inside.

When they look inside, their eyes widen and then a they beam at me. They suddenly hug me tightly.

"We have our own bedroom now!" Ruby said.