Chapter 8: Regrets

Raven's POV

"So what made you seem to visit me and my tribe?" I ask taking a sip on my cup of tea.

"Nothing much, just doing what Oz asked me. Which I hated doing it." He said leaning on his seat.

"Ozpin? I thought you aren't working for him?" I said.

"I'm not, but what only he told me is to check on you since after what happened back then about him giving you and Qrow the ability." He explained.

"So that old man still cares huh?" I said.

"I wouldn't say cares. More like wanting to convince you to help him."

"Sometimes, I think he doesn't listen to what anyone say to him." I sigh.

"Hey Raven?"

"What?"

"Why did you leave Yang? Your own daughter?"

Me hearing that made me stop for a second before looking away with a frown.

"Why would you want to know?" I said.

"Because she needs her mom right now, after what Tai did to her and Ruby."

When I heard the last part, I quickly face Y/N with a concern expression.

"What do you mean?"

"I saw it with my own eyes a few months ago, he was abusing them. Yang explained it to me that he was doing that for two years."

"Where are they now?"

"They're currently with me, I just decided to adopt them the day I rescued them. So I'm officially their father."

My eyes widen in disbelief. I stand up and walk towards him before grabbing him by the collar of his coat.

"I want you to explain how you did that, now." I demanded.

He then gave me a slightly wide eyed face. I realized what I was doing and let go of him, sighing.

"Sorry about that...."

"Hey calm down, and I don't have to explain it anymore. Because I already did. You still care for her right?" He ask putting his hands on my shoulders.

I look away from him and open my mouth to speak.

"Yes..."

"Then why don't you come with me and be there for her, be her mother that she needed." He said.

"I can't leave the tribe as much as I hate leaving her. This tribe helped me live and grow up....." I said.

"Who do you choose? Your family? Or a bunch of murderers and thieves? Answer me now." He let's go of me and gave me slight glare.

"Don't tell me to do something." I said.

"So you're just going to be with these people around us than the only daughter that you have, that has been beaten and starved for two years?!" He shouted.

I then slapped him, as he looks at me shocked. His cheek started to reddened and I realized what I did.

"Y/N, I didn't mean to-"

"You really have changed, I guess convincing you isn't worth it. I'll be off now, see you around. Thanks for the tea by the way." He grabs his weapons and walk out of the tent.

I chase after him and stop him by holding his wrist. He turns his head slightly to me as he gives me serious look.

"I'm so sorry that I slapped you. And............ I was stupid....." I said.