Chapter 6: Long Time No See

Y/N's POV

"See you later, daddy!" Ruby waves as she is about to turn around and head inside the school.

I wave back with small smile on my face and watch her and Yang enter the school. When they're finally out of sight, I walk away and head towards to John's home.

I knock on the door a few times and wait for it to open. John opens the door and gives me a smile.

"Hey, what brings you here?" He ask.

"Is it bad for me to visit a friend of mine?" I ask jokingly.

"Just get inside." He said opening the door wide.

I let myself in and look around, it looks normal and decent.

"Make yourself at home." He said.

I walk around for bit then head inside his living room and took a seat on the couch. John sat across from me with his eyes focused on his scroll.

Then I felt something rubbing on my leg and I look down to see John's cat. I pet his head and smile a little.

"How're your daughters?" John ask, finally breaking the silence.

"Fine. They're at school right now."

"Glad they are doing fine instead of being with Tai." He said with a tint of anger when he said Tai's name.

"(Guess we all hate him now.....)" I thought.

"I mean, how did he changed like that? He wasn't the guy we knew before. Hurting two defenseless little girls. Though thanks to you, they're having a good life now. Also I've noticed you've become softer than usual. Did adopting them affected you?" He jokes.

"Just don't mention that again to me or anyone else. By the way, how's your mother?"

"She's in a good condition now. She's still in the hospital but I think she'll be out sooner." He said smiling sadly.

"Don't worry, bud. She's going to be all right." I said reassuring him.

"Thanks. Do you have something to do right now? I'm kinda bored, wanna go visit Beacon again or something?"

"Yeah, I think visiting the academy sounds good. It's been years since we last went there."

"Come on." He said standing up.

I then followed and the two of us got out of his house and walk for a while until we reached a bullhead.

"It's only been 8 years yet so many things had changed." I said.

"Yeah....... Though I don't like the change of the others. It's only destroying the ecosystem." John replied.

"I agree with you."

"Can I ask you something?" He ask.

"You're already asking me." I said.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway what I wanted to ask you, is when are you going to get married?" He questioned with an innocent smile.

I frown at him and sigh.

"Why of all things did you ask that?" I said.

"Nothing it's just that I've never heard or seen you in a romantic relationship before and since you're now a dad, they also need a mom."

"Don't ever ask about that....." I said.

"What did I do?"

We continue to talk about things until we reach the courtyard of Beacon. The two of us got off the bullhead and walk towards the academy. We pass by many students then met up with an old friend of ours, Peter.