8

Link woke up a bit early the next morning. He quickly got dressed, skipped breakfast and ran to school. "I will save Zelda and our friendship! Those dummies will never separate us! I'll show them what a real friendship is!"

The little boy stood in front of the building and waited for Zelda. "Not so fast, little bastard!" a voice shouted in the distance. It was Benjamin. "I will not allow you and your stupid friends to do anything to Zelda!" shouted Link and looked to the left. Impa's car has arrived in the parking lot. "Zelda! Zelda!" Link ran closer to the car. "Halt! I said halt! One more step and you're dead!!" screamed Benjamin and darted after Link.

Impa opened the door of her van and let Link in. "Good morning, Link! Is something wrong?" asked Impa when Link plopped into the middle seat. "Oh, my Hylia! Linkie...what happened to you?!" gasped Zelda when she got an eyeful of his face. She leaned closer to feel her friend's black eye. "Owch! Zelda, it hurts when you touch it,"

"Oh...I'm sorry!" Zelda pulled her hand away. Link looked at her in the eye: "Zelda, please listen to me! I must do this to save our friendship! Stay away from Benjamin! He said that if I won't call you an ugly witch, he will beat us up! Both of us! I don't want him to do anything to you!" he then got interrupted by Benjamin banging on Impa's car door: "Open the door, little rodent!! Zelda is mine! She will never be the mother of your children!!"

Impa has had enough. She lowered her window and began roasting Link's bunkmate: "Hey, you! Who do you think you are, young man?! Who gave you the right to bang on my car door! This is unacceptable! Knock it off before I call the director of your orphanage!"

Benjamin halted immediately. "I'm sorry, miss! I was trying to find Link!" he said, and Impa slammed her fist on the window: "I don't care, mister! Stay away from my car, and stop hurting and threatening other children. If Zelda, Paya, or Link tell me anything about you and your little friends hurting other children, I will call the director and you will be in serious trouble. Now get inside and get the education you need to be a successful adult! Go!"

"Wow, Impa! I have never seen you yell like this before!" gasped Zelda. Impa laughed: "Oh, my little angel, I can be strict if needed! Zelda, please let me know if he hurts you or someone else. That kid needs to be taught a lesson!"

Link realized that if he doesn't leave, Impa will find out about everything and he will be killed by his bunkmates. "Guys, class starts in five minutes! Let's go! Bye, Impa!" he said to the elderly Sheikah, grabbed Zelda by the hand and helped her out of the van. "Have a good day, children! Stay safe!" Impa called after them and drove away.

Zelda and Link walked hand in hand to class and sat down in their seats. "You will pay for this, rodent!" Ole shouted at Link, showing him a fist. "Okay, class!" Mr. Deku began the lesson, "I have some very exciting news! We will be doing a class play about Snow White! Who's excited?"

All the kids began jumping up and down. "I'm glad to hear that! All of you have parts in the play. Zelda! You will be playing Snow White. Ole and Saria, you guys will be playing the king and evil queen. Casey, Benjamin, Dugby, and Paya, the four of you will be the dwarves. And you, Link, will play the brave prince that saves Snow White!"

When Link heard about his part, he got so excited. "I will be Zelda's appointed knight! Horray!" "Stop being so excited! A prince is not a knight!" snapped Casey, who was jealous of Link's part. "So what? A prince is the princess' lover. So there!" Link stuck his tongue out at Casey. "Alright, we should now begin practicing! The narrator will be me. Ole, you're on stage!" Mr. Deku said. Ole stood up and began reading his part.

The play practice went on for the rest of the morning. When the bell rang for recess, Zelda and Link ran to their favorite spot. "This is unacceptable! I should play the prince and not Link!! Zelda is mine!" Benjamin complained to his friends. Casey and Ole kicked the ground. "We need to do something to Link in order for Mr. Deku to change roles!" said Casey. Benjamin suddenly stopped being upset. "Bro, you just gave me an awesome idea! Remember what the evil queen did to Snow White? She poisoned her! So we should poison Link or make him sick somehow! That way, he'll miss the play, and I will play the prince!"