30

warning: this chapter contains rape and profanity.

After a long train ride, the Hyruleans finally arrived at the boot camp. The soldiers were told to put their stuff in the bedrooms and then return to the lobby. All the men stood in a straight line and a tall Hylian male with a serious look on his face walked into the room. "Greetings, fellow Hyruleans who are here to protect our home and native land of Hyrule! I am the sergeant. Call me Sarge. I will be instructing y'all and training y'all how to fight and all that crap! We will not allow that midget Castien Harlow take over Hyrule!! Now, it is roll call time!! Yunobo!"

-"Here!"

"Sidon!"

-"Right here!"

"Casey!!"

-"Over here,"

"Ole!"

-"Here,"

"Dugby!"

-"Here, goro!!"

"Teba!!"

-"Here!"

"Revali!"

-"Here, sir!!"

"Harth!"

-"Right here, Sarge!

"Link!"

-"H-here..."

After roll call was over, Sarge began to explain the rules to the men. "No back talking at all!! No taking breaks during exercise! Being late will not be tolerated; you must be on time, even one minute late will have consequences! No interrupting! You must do what you are told with no exceptions! Clean the room means clean the room, wake up means wake up, get up and get out there, no "just five more minutes"! Run six laps means run six laps, no "I'm tired and out of energy"! Do push-ups means do push-ups! If any of these rules are broken, you do not wanna know what will happen next!! Is that clear?!"

"Sir, yes, sir!" responded Revali. "Great job, Revali!! That's how you speak to a sergeant! Pay attention, soldiers! Y'all could learn something! Oh, and one more thing!! You all will be married to your rifles as there are no chicks in the army! While you're in the army, you're dedicating your life to becoming a soldier. Is this clear?" added Sarge. "Sir, yes, sir!!" hollered all the men. "But I already know how to fight...why am I here?" Link asked in a diffident voice as the Triforce glowed on his hand. Sarge did not like Link's response. He walked up to the man and pinched his ear. "What did you say, twink?! You may carry the Master Rifle and all that crap, but Hyrule is in a dangerous situation. All men aged from sixteen to thirty are required to join the army!! Only physically and mentally disabled people are an exception! Now you will stand here in silence and do as you are told and keep that Hylian mouth shut!! Do you understand me, Link?!" he shouted. "Sir...y-yes, sir," answered Link, "let go...my ear hurts...I just got those pierced!" "Louder!! Come on!! You're a damn soldier, stop being this shy!! Jeez!!" hollered Sarge. "S-sir, yes, sir!" repeated Link, this time a bit louder. "Louder!! Raise your voice, punkass!!"

"SIR, YES, SIR!" Link shouted at the top of his lungs, and only then Sarge calmed down and let go of the man's poor ear. "Okay, future Hyrulean veterans, it is lunchtime. Make your way to the cafeteria and enjoy the grub we made for you. In exactly twenty-five minutes, you all are to return to the lobby. Understood?" ordered the sergeant. "Sir, yes, sir!!" the men responded and went to the cafeteria. This is gonna be the worst time of my life, Link thought and headed to the lunchroom, feeling nothing but solitude.

Meanwhile, Zelda was sitting in a forest in Hyrule Field, reading Link's gift in silence. She felt safe there since nobody ever went to that place and it would be difficult for anyone to find her there...or so she thought.
While she was reading, she thought about Link. She got so into the book that she finished reading it in less than two hours. Once she finished, there was a note written on a wrinkled piece of paper in eleven-year-old Link's handwriting: