36

Link slept until eleven thirty in the morning. Zelda was still sleeping. Link didn't hesitate to wake her up and decided to spend the rest of the morning laying beside her while playing on his phone. As he was playing Temple Run, Zelda's phone vibrated and made a little sound which caused her to wake up. "Good morning, precious," said Link to her as he turned off his phone. "Hi, Link," replied Zelda, reaching for her phone to check the notification. "Can I get you anything?" asked Link. "Not at the moment, but thanks for your concern," Zelda blushed while scrolling through her e-mails. "Oh...dad..." she suddenly whispered when she saw an email.

From: rhoambosphyrule@xmail.hl
To: silentprincess@xmail.hl
Subject: My letter to you

My precious daughter,
I'm writing from prison. Please listen to me. I know that you will never forgive me for what I've done to you, but I am sincerely sorry for everything. For forcing you to be with Ganondorf. For putting security cameras into your room. For stealing your childhood. For taking away your friends. For taking your freedom away. For being verbally abusive. Now that I've been in prison for a while, I feel like I have been brainwashed by Ganondorf. I am now aware of what Ganondorf is like. I thought he was this well educated, smart, rich, caring man that would become a great husband, father, and leader, but, no...he was a wicked piece of shit whose goal was to take over Hyrule, turn it into an empire...he wanted to be with you only because you're the fairiest and richest woman in this country. He wanted your beauty and my money. And unfortunately, he got ahold of my money. I still have plenty of it in my bank account, but what was in my safe - I have lost forever. I know about everything Ganondorf did to you while I was in jail. I saw the tapes. I feel extremely guilty and terrible for my actions. Once I get out of jail, no matter what it will take, I will do whatever I can to repair the relationship between us. I failed you, Zelda, and I'm sorry. I had to replace your mother for you, but I didn't. I had to be a father, but I didn't. What I was doing wasn't called being a father. I want you to know that I love you more than anyone else in the world.
Love, Daddy
P.S. Link! If you're still planning to marry my daughter, you better take good care of her, you little punk. I'm counting on you. If anything happens to my daughter, you're dead.

"Do you trust him?" asked Link when Zelda turned her phone off. She was speechless for a while. Finally, she said: "I can't believe he did this! He...he has never apologized to me before. Never. And now...this came out of nowhere! I have a feeling he's apologizing because he got caught and is hoping that I'd bail him out of prison or something, but...he's my father...after all...I don't know what to do..." she turned to Link, feeling desperate for help. "This verbal abuse he did to me all these years...forced marriage...the cheating...he cheated on my mom when she was alive! He was a sugar daddy...I found letters, condoms, gift cards, and other crap from sugar babies that he went on dates with in his closet. My dad never showed any feeling of guilt when abusing me. He was saying those things as if it was completely normal...and never apologized. Not even once. Even when my mom was alive he was abusive and neglectful..." she stopped for a minute to catch a breath. "I'm more than one hundred percent sure that if he wasn't in jail right now, he would have never wrote this letter. He told me many times that he can't wait until I'm 18 so that I can move out and he'll no longer hold responsibility for taking care of me,"
Zelda laid back down, grasping her phone in her fist. "This is a difficult decision, Link! On one hand, he has been a complete asshole to me for my entire life, but on the other hand he's my father! I need a parent!" she said, feeling perplexed. Link comforted her: "Zelda, look...I know he's your dad, but...I mean, imagine this: someone very close to you betrays you for years. They are being abusive in every single way. Because of them, you feel depressed, anxious, and you hate yourself. Because of them, you become not only physically, but as well mentally weak and can do nothing to protect yourself in difficult situations. Would you forgive them? No matter who they are to you?"
Zelda sniffled while looking at the email. "I don't know, Link...probably not...I might try to speak to him about it, but, there probably won't be any changes. I completely lost faith in my father. He ruined me, and there's no turning back," she whispered, placing her phone on her nightstand. "I don't blame you. I would have done the same thing. My bunkmates and I were technically siblings, we grew up in the same room, went to the same class, ate at the same table...we were close, but we hated each other's guts. If they wrote an email like that to me, I would have told them to kiss my ass and fuck off. But at the same time, I'm comparing bunkmates to a father...but your father was a bully! Remember how he treated you?" Link said. "I would have never gotten raped, I would've gone to school like a normal kid, I would've had friends...if I had a different father or if my dad was more loving and caring. No way, he doesn't deserve my forgiveness. I don't forgive traitors!" Zelda shouted, grasping her phone and tossing it on the floor. "Hey, hey...calm down. It's all good. It's all over," said Link, pulling her closer, "you can't get too upset. We gotta get rid of that flu. Don't cry, I understand you perfectly, this is a difficult situation, I would have been feeling depressed too. Relax, we don't want the flu to get worse. There, there..."
While Zelda and Link were comforting each other, Link got a text message from Sidon. "One second, let me just check my phone," Link pulled one arm away from Zelda's body and grabbed his phone.
Shark Boi🦈😝💥: aye Link, I just spoke to Kapson about hosting yo and zelds' wedding when the magical day comes, he agrees to do it for free. You down?
Link felt a little happier inside and responded:
Heck yeah man, thanks a lot. You'll be meh best man at the wedding :D
The man turned off his phone and turned back to Zelda. "Hey. I'll go make some cream of mushroom soup for us, okay? I'm starving, and you need to eat something warm. I'll be back," he said and got out of bed. "Okay. Thank you so much, Link...I appreciate your care for me," said Zelda, wiping the remaining tears off of her face. "Oh, for you, Zelda, anything! Heh," Link got dressed and headed to the kitchen to make the soup. "Okay! This is Link the professional chef and today we're going to make a cream of mushroom soup! In order to make it, we need to get a giant ass pot and turn the stove on. Only four ingredients! Rock salt, fresh milk, mushrooms, and herbs! We grab it all, and throw it all into the pot! Dum-pum-pum! And here we go! Hearty cream of mushroom soup! Yeet! Zelda! The food's ready!" Link called, and Zelda walked out of the bedroom in a robe. "Help yourself, princess!" Link poured the soup into bowls and sat down to eat. "Mmmm. This is hella tasty," the man said while slurping his soup. Zelda slowly ate her meal while watching Link gobble up the soup. "One bowl down! Time for another one!!" Link poured more soup into his bowl and ate it in one minute. Zelda laughed at him: "Link, you're such a guzzler. You sure do love to eat!!"
"Oh, yeah, baby. Food makes me happy. I love food so much, I can eat all day long," he replied with his mouth full as he filled his bowl up again. "Link! You just ate up the whole pot!! Guzzler! Now you're all dirty!" Zelda chuckled when she finished her soup. "Aaah...I'm full once again! Was that tasty?" Link asked. "Very. I loved it. Thank you, Link. Let me clean your face up!" Zelda grabbed a paper towel and wiped her boyfriend's mouth that was covered in soup. "Hey! I could have licked that off! What a waste of food!" Link complained. "No it's not! Your face is covered with leftovers, so I had to clean that off of you!"
Link pulled Zelda closer to him, causing her to fall into his lap. "What do you want, buster?" Zelda asked, continuing to wipe the leftovers off of his face. "A kiss. Come on," smiled Link, putting his arms around her waist and preparing to pucker up. "No! You're all dirty! I hate dirty kisses!" Zelda responded. Link licked the remaining soup off of his face. "Now I'm clean. Kiss me," insisted Link. "Fine, hero. I'll kiss you. Can't believe I'll be kissing a warrior who eats like a Moblin," agreed Zelda, kissing him. "Now this is what I like! Kiss me some more, princess," encouraged Link, but Zelda stopped her kissing actions. "I don't want to get you sick...this flu is no fun, seriously," she said. "Aw, I'll be fine. I've had the flu before many times. But you do you!" Link responded with an idiotic smile. "Link, I've been wondering...where should we live after we get married? I don't think we can stay in this mansion," Zelda asked. "I was going to rent an apartment in downtown New Hynk City with the remaining money we have together. Should we sell this mansion?" Link replied. Zelda thought for a second. "Maybe we should. We don't need a mansion. We just need a cozy apartment for the two of us and our future children. A cozy apartment where we can easily find each other, you know..." she said, looking up at him. "Plus, the Yiga clan knows that you live here. They might appear any time and begin attacking us. If we move, they won't know where you are and we won't be bothered,"
"When should we get married?" Zelda asked next. Link looked at the ceiling to think for a bit. "How about next week? We don't have school, I don't have to go to war, Ganondorf's dead, no one's in our way. In seven days. Exactly in seven days. We should invite all of the Champions, Sidon, Teba, every member of Bolson Construction, Mayor Kaneli, Mayor Dorephan, Yunobo, Paya, Purah, Robbie, Harth, and of course, Mr. Deku. I'd love to see my first grade teacher at our wedding,"
"Sure! Sounds great. I'll send invitations to everyone on email. Gosh, I cannot believe this stuff's happening to us! Is my life finally improving?" Zelda smiled, feeling better about herself. "Definitely is. Nothing and nobody can stop us from having a happy ending. I'm more optimistic about my life now. I just need to put a little effort into getting rid of my depression and anxiety. We don't want our future kids suffering...I want the best for our children," was Link's response. "Definitely. I'll just have to let these things go...just, let it go, let it go, can't take this shit anymore! Let it go, let it go, turn around and ignore them all! I don't care what they're going to say! Let my dad rage on...haters never bothered me anyway!"
"It's funny how the evil makes everything seem okay. The monster that tried to control us can't get to us at all! It's about time for us to be once again happy just like kids! Depression's wrong, happiness is right, we're at last free!" added Link. "Let it go, let it go, can't stand that crap anymore! Let it go, let it go, I've been depressed before! I will fight and get my life...get my life on track...the haters never bothered me anyway. His Triforce means that he's the chosen one! The best swordsman, now the best shooter, a shooter's son! And my love for him is going to last and last...I'm never going back. The past is in the past..." continued Zelda.
"Let us go, let us go! We're making love on the floor! Fuck it all, fuck it all, if y'all hate this - take this in your balls! Since first grade, we have been true soulmates! Let Rhoam rage on! The hate never bothered us anyway!!"